Can I change my greeting message?

Answered!
Robyn120
Level 2
Nelson Bay, Australia

Can I change my greeting message?

When I set up on Airbnb I must have set up a greeting that is sent to my guests at the time they book.  The greeting asks what their preferences are for their breakfast and now I wish to change it.  Does anyone know how I change the greeting? I have been looking all over my dashboard but just cant find it.

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Robyn120   @Branka-and-Silvia0  I thought I could go straight to it and posted an answer without even looking, but had to do a bit of searching. Possibly it has been moved Branka which may have tricked you too.

I have found it Robyn. You can access your 'welcome message' in your Listing Editing section!

You will find it under 'Booking Settings' and it if you click 'Guest Requirements' you will find it as per this screenshot.....

Greeting message.png

Just remember Robyn this message is only accessable and displayed to guests if you have 'Instant Book' activated!

I hope this helps you Robyn!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Robyn120 no, I can't find it either.. it seems they forgot it when they redesigned this website few months ago. You should contact Airbnb and ask them to change your welcome message for you... if they can. And to fix this bug

thankyou

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Robyn120  I started a reply but realised it may not be what you are after so I will give another response shortly.

Cheers.......Rob

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Robyn120   @Branka-and-Silvia0  I thought I could go straight to it and posted an answer without even looking, but had to do a bit of searching. Possibly it has been moved Branka which may have tricked you too.

I have found it Robyn. You can access your 'welcome message' in your Listing Editing section!

You will find it under 'Booking Settings' and it if you click 'Guest Requirements' you will find it as per this screenshot.....

Greeting message.png

Just remember Robyn this message is only accessable and displayed to guests if you have 'Instant Book' activated!

I hope this helps you Robyn!

Cheers.....Rob

Thanks for the info & screenshot @Robin0

But where is the welcome message that was sent automatically after the booking was confirmed?

That is the important message, to give them the address and contact details.

It seems to have disappeared in their redesign.

Oddly mine is set up different. Is that because I use my phone? 

IMG_8955.png

IMG_8956.png

Mine does not show up under Guest Requirements. Why I keep telling people to get familiar with the app. It certainly does seem to change! 🤷‍♀️

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Thank you @Robin4 🙂

I clicked on "booking settings" at least 5 times yesterday bit it is worded so stupid and hidden until you click so I couldn't find it.

I just HATE how they redesigned this webiste .... a year ago everything was so much user friendly and simple, I knew where is what without even looking. 

Indeed, @Branka-and-Silvia0, ANY templates for hosts should be collected in an easily accessible place available at one click maybe, not buried deep.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marzena4    I like that Marzena!

There is actually a templates section that you can access but it is only applicable to your messages inbox. This link shows you how if you want to take a look!

https://all-about-airbnb.com/post/145012544231/use-saved-messages-save-time-and-improve-communicatio...

I have never bothered to use it because I like to be individual with my message to each guest, but Marzena, have a look at your messages, it is there on the left side of the message box, and one of those things we never would know existed unless it was pointed out!

Marzena, I love the spirit you bring to the CC....every year there is a star or two and just now you are one!

Cheers.....Rob 

Oh, @Robin4, don't flatter me... 😉

But you know - my students either love me or loathe me XD

I do personalise the messages I send, but in how many ways can you reword, "I only wanted to remind you to let me know what time you're arriving"? I'd rather send something longer (a nicely worded template) when I don't have time (working) and I need to get that info, than something like "yet another guest respecting the host's time."

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marzena4   We all have a different style. I like to throw in all sorts of outrageous statements....like fighting who is going to get to sleep in the worlds best bed. I like to cross that leap of faith with the guest so that they can have a laugh and think...'Maybe we have made a good decision to stay here'!

It's a proven fact, people do not like to fight with people they like!

With regard to the notification of arrival time...I am again at my outrageous best! many times l will throw out a welcome comment like this......

Crocodiles in the lake.png

Of course it's an outrageous stupid statement Marzena....but I always get a response within a few minutes.

One couple said they were in a cafe when that message came in and they laughed so much other people started watching them. I had another man that said ...'Crocodiles', what the hell sort of place am I coming too!

But they all respond in an instant so, it's a tactic that works....it gets the required response.

Cheers.....Rob

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Robyn120  

If it is possible, could you see Racheal advices..." DAY 15: Advice & Tips for Achieving (and Keeping!) Superhost Status" at this link :  

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/DAY-15-Advice-amp-Tips-for-Achieving-and-Keeping-Superho...

Thanks, 

Miloud

Adam645
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Thanks! I was just wondering about this myself. Greeting messages are such a nice touch, I think customizing it really takes it to the next level.