Change minimum stay requirement for specific days to fill voids in calendar?

Answered!
Rob175
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Change minimum stay requirement for specific days to fill voids in calendar?

Hello hosts!  

I am a new host, currently hosting my first guests.   I have a question about the minimum stay settings.  My calendar quickly filled up for about 5 weeks upon making my listing active with a 3 night minimum stay requirement.  However, I have a couple gaps between my reservations of 1 to 2 days.

I would like to maintain a general minimum of a 3 night stay, however, I would like to allow single night stays ONLY for specific days located between longer bookings.   Is there a way I can allow single night stays ONLY for specific dates on my calendar to fill gaps?

I haven't managed to find such a setting.

Thanks in advance! 

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rob175,

You can do that as follows.

On a computer go to your calendar and click on "manage settings" in the top right hand corner.

Then click on "Availability" and then on the "Edit" button in the "Trip length" section.

You may have to scroll down to see the "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends" link. Click on that.

Then from the "during" drop down box select "Specific dates" and enter the date range for your gap. Then set the minimum to 1.

Select "Save". If you want to set a minium for another date range click on "Add another requirement" and proceed as above.

Select "Save" again when you've set the minumum for all gaps.

You can delete the requirement by clicking on the "X" in the "During x-y guests stay ..." line.

It can also be done on the Android app by going to your calendar, selecting the wheel icon in the top right and then tapping on "calendar settings", "trip lenght" and "Add a seasonal requirement".

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

41 Replies 41

@Lindsay506 go into Airbnb.com and click your profile picture (top right). Then scroll down and click on Account. When 9 boxes pop up click on the one marked professional tools (bottom right) and you should be able to switch them on there.

Once they are on then go back to your listing and ask again if you need more help.

@Mike-And-Jane0 This is currently all I see when I follow your steps. I still dont see a length of stay option?Lindsay506_0-1692131482976.png

@Lindsay506 if you follow @Joan2709 's excellent instructions you will be fine. I can't do all these fancy screenshots I am afraid.

No worries @Mike-And-Jane0 ,

Screenshots are one thing, but sage advice from a seasoned, experienced Hosts is priceless! I learn more from your posts than I can say. I'll keep reading them! 😊

Hi @Lindsay506 

I have re-copied the information to the Guide for using Pro Tools Below. (you just needed to click the link I provided in the post above 😊).

Once you turn on Pro Tools you will see a new calendar view available to you. This is where you add your Rule Sets for modifiying the calendar:

Guide –  How to Use Pro Tools to Set Calendar Custom Pricing & Trip Length

2023 Summer Release

Hosts have found that some previous calendar functionality for creating custom pricing and/or trip length is no longer available after the 2023 Summer Release. Currently (as of 07/05/23), the only way to override previous custom settings, or create new ones, is to use “Professional Tools”, “Rule Sets” and the “Multicalendar”. These tools may not be familiar to many Hosts. Airbnb previously restricted Professional Tools to hosts with 6 or more properties. However, ALL hosts can now use these tools; even if you have only one property. Airbnb help articles and screen shots are shown below for reference:

Turn on Professional Tools

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499

To begin using “Pro Tools”:

1. Click Profile Picture
  2. Click Account
  3. Choose Professional Hosting Tools
  4. Click Manage
  5. Turn on Pro Tools 

Joan2709_0-1692185090832.png

Multicalendar

Your calendar will now default to the “multicalendar” (strip view). You can toggle back to the standard view calendar any time by clicking the listing name. To return to the multi-calendar, click "Calendar" at the top of the page. The color shading on date(s) indicates a custom Rule Set has been applied to those dates.

Joan2709_1-1692185090828.png

How to Create & Use Rule Sets

Rule Sets enable you to apply custom settings to specific dates on the calendar. They will override your primary settings you set for the entire calendar. For example, you may wish to restrict check-in or check-out days, or change your minimum stay length for specific dates (such as holidays or weekend stays). You may want to offer special discount pricing for specific dates. If you have “orphan dates” (a single night or nights) between bookings, you can use Rule Sets to set discounted pricing to encourage guests to book those nights. Rule Sets will only effect the dates you choose, they will not alter the rest of your calendar settings.

Rule Sets

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2062

Joan2709_2-1692185090839.png

You’ll see this box to the right in the multicalendar view (strip view)

Joan2709_3-1692185090817.png

Joan2709_4-1692185090841.png

CAUTION - It is advisable to review Rule Sets when first applied to your calendar (and periodically after you set them). Use the guest view calendar to ensure they are being applied correctly (as you intended).

Hope you find this helpful when using Pro Tools, Rule Sets and the Multicalendar! Let us know how it works for you!

GUYS!! This is AWESOME! Thank YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Hi @Lindsay506 , as @Mike-And-Jane0 mention, the only way to add those custom stays now is by using Pro Tools. Link for Community Guide for Using Pro Tools (has screen shots) below: 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Hope this helps. Let us know if it works for you!

Next question- how do I see how many views I have now that I have converted to the “professional tips”

Hi @Lindsay506 

Were you able to get Rule Sets to solve your issue?

For Performance Information go to your Dashboard and click "Insights" at the top.

Insights.png

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2652

1. After you’ve opted in, go to your hosting dashboard and click on Insights
  2. Click on QualityConversion, or Occupancy & rates, and explore the various subcategories

Anytime you find the option to Compare, select Similar listings in the dropdown.

I would mention that "Views" don't necessarily reflect the health of your listing if you have a relatively booked calendar. Conversion might be a better number to watch, but I'm certainly not an expert on Airbnb's Performance data. Perhaps another host that is more knowledgable can chime in here on that. 

@Lindsay506 Yes! Click on the dates you want to make a special length for. Go to the right of the calendar and about the 4th thing down it says "add custom trip length" that's where you can select your night minimum.

Thank you!! I got it 🩷

What is considered a good conversion rate? I just got access to this portion of the data - so not sure what a good conversion is or not?