Did anyone had three stars for over communication?

Kate652
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Did anyone had three stars for over communication?

Hello everyone. I am not a superhost in terms of AirBnb standarts but I am a superhost in my soul. 

I have very nice studio which I have rented more than a year. My last guest stayed for a night. She complained that I sent her too many emails. 

Let's count.

1. thank you for booking message. (Do you do it? Maybe I shouldnt make people aware that i'm esxited to see them?)

2. Clarification massage. (I don't have ability to see what there people are if AirBnb says 2 guests. How many bed do they need? Is it mother and daughter? A couple? Friends?)

3. Informations with the codes and so on message (I think this is I can't illiminate)

4. In the day of check out, before they left. How did they find the way in, was everything they needed? 

5. After check out message about the tore blind. I needed to know what happen and why.

6. Thank you for your stay message. (Do you think I don't need to say a guest this?)

So please Superhosts of AirBnb and in their soules help me understand what is the appropriate number of messages to the guest. What do you write to your guest. Maybe less is better? 

4 Replies 4
TracieandJason0
Level 8
Philadelphia, PA

@Kate652 Your level of communication sounds about the same as my level of communication with guests. I am usually not around so I need to try to communicate as much as I can with the guest throughout their stay. However, if you are around and some of these questions can just be expressed in person, maybe that is why the guest is feeling that your commucation was excessive. If this is the first time you are receiving a complaint about this, I would just chalk it up to be a negative hosting experience and not worry about it.

Thank you Tracie, yes its a first time I receive the compline but I want to make sure I am not a crazy person. I usually not checking with people in person. I try to understand people. This three star overall for my communication just made my day. 

@Kate652   There is no accounting for people. Some like getting messages, it reassures them, and some find it onerous. I send the 1.2.3. basics in one go if possible, usually a total of three messages suffice if the guest is clear and responsive.  I live here so any other communication is usually in person. However, I did once have a guest who was put out when I said:  "Hi, how was your day",  he felt it was indiscrete - 4 stars. "Hi" was his limit.   6. I don't do this as a rule. I put it in the private message area of the review section, or as a response to a review.

Thank you for your message. I appreciate your feed back.