Extra Guests

Irene44
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Extra Guests

Hi,

I have a 2 month reservation for one single person, confirmed and booked a few months ago.

I just received a request from her that she has a friend that wants to come visit her (1 or 2 weeks) so now how does she pay for the extra person now?  My listing has always had an 'Extra Guest' per night charge, but I am understanding that plans change and I am more than happy to accommodate her request.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

You'll want to discuss the final amount of days & charge per day with your guest before sending it through, but I'd just do a modification to the reservation that will cover the additional per person charge for the days her friend will be there. (From "Your Reservations" you should see a "Change/Cancel" link that will allow you to change the # of people & charge amount).

On the modification be sure to ADD the additional amount to the reservation total - (Original amt+ extra person total)

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Irene44

when sending her this change to her booking, do make that you include in your message the exact dates the extra guest will be staying. That way, it is clear that the second person can't automatically stay longer without paying. And it is also important for Airbnb to know in connection with the host insurance coverage.