Got long term cancellation, Airbnb Agent lied to me about cancellation process.

Emre5
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Got long term cancellation, Airbnb Agent lied to me about cancellation process.

I would like to ask your opions because I tried everything to reach Airbnb and solve my situation but nothing happened. I called them more than 4 times, sent several email, chat but still nothing! I am a 5 star host with 0 cancellation, I had my first cancellation and it was long term booking for 3 months.

On August 7, guest checked in my apartment. Her travel agency picked the apartment for her so I was not her choice. Probably she did not like my loft and starting from 1 hour, she started to text me about how to open the door (you basically turn the key left), air conditioning is not working (it was 15 min ago when I was there and also when I went there after to check). 2 days after she asked me if there is a bug problem in my apartment and sent me photo, I am renting my apartment since May (I have always 5 stars) and it was first time somebody told me that there is bug in my apartment. Also I rent more than 6 people right after her nobody did any complain.  I said no I havent heard since I started to do this, but still I told I will come first thing in the morning and check. I did go to my place, did not see anything and told her it might be because of the window but still I called my building management and same day we arranged examination plus treatment. The guy told me he did not see anything but he will do the treatment, it may attract some.  I also sent the report one of your colleagues, since picture she sent look like roaches, they put product to kill roaches everywhere in my apartment. After that I went everyday to control, and saw nothing. On August 15 I texted her to ask if everything is ok, she did not even respond me and I figured out that something is wrong and called airbnb. 

Airbnb agent told me that Ruselle want to cancel her reservation and left my apartment. Since it was my first longterm stay, I asked the agent what are my rights as host because she booked for 3 months and my calendar was not available, I will need at least a week. AND HE BASICALLY TRICKED ME. I specifically asked him 'What are my rights?' because I did not know my rights and I was not aware that they were written on website. And he told me 'WE CAN NEGOTIATE WITH THEM, IF THEY AGREE WE CAN GET 4-5 DAYS EXTRA' So basically he lied to me. And I told him please open my calendar, because I will lose money, and he asked he will. He called me to get approval to open my calendar. And they made my calendar available again. Then I googled and saw my rights on website, instead of what the agent said, I saw that I have right to ask 30 days!! So I called Airbnb back and told that the agent did not tell me my rights and I specifically asked him and he lied to me. Then few days later they automatically closed my case. Right now, I did not EVEN get paid for extra 5 nights, and I dont get any payout from airbnb right now since mid August. They dont even answer my emails, they told me case manager will look at it, but its been more than 3 weeks. I really dont know what to do, I lost 2.500 dollars.
3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You have not been paid for the people who stayed with you in September?

David

Basically, this is how they are getting back the money, they paid a month for guest who cancelled.They did not pay me cancellation fee. Until they get that money back, they dont make any payout to me. So from mid August to now, I got 6 reservation but I did not earn even 1 dollars. 

Ahh, I have gone over to your other thread to avoid confusion.

David