Guest damages and Airbnb resolution Centre followup

Julie372
Level 2
Sellicks Hill, Australia

Guest damages and Airbnb resolution Centre followup

I have a problem with Airbnb resolution Centre.  On Dec 15 17 my guest departed leaving a two damaged couches one unusable.  I immediately contacted Airbnb resolution and to date have had nothing but trouble.  The case manager is absolutely hopeless,  I have asked to be given another case manager, this is not possible.  I have spoken to 11 different consultants by phone and email and told is has been given top priority, still nothing.   Its so frustrating not being able to speak to someone  in authority or who will follow up.  I have a $500 security deposit on my property, which it seems is useless.  The guest has refused to pay anything and I am now out of pocket for TWO couches.  I have two properties on Airbnb but will be removing them after this.  Appalling treatment of hosts.  Can anyone offer suggestions as to how I may contact someone with authority to help with compensation.

Thankyou Juie

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You could try Twitter.

David
Julie372
Level 2
Sellicks Hill, Australia

Thanks David.  I have now been told the case is closed and I cannot seem to find a way to reopen.  The matter is still unresolved and the "Case Manager" absolutely hopeless.  I am now considering finding alternative booking agencies and giving Airbnb the flick.  They have been absolutely hopeless and non responsive.  Julie