Guest payment still pending but due to arrive today!

Miranda17
Level 1
Tbilisi, Georgia

Guest payment still pending but due to arrive today!

Hi, my guests arrived, 24 hours passed  and I had to get a code from AIRBNB in order to get my money. I do not have anything and I cannot find the site's email or anything.. if anyone can help, I would be nothing but glad. 

3 Replies 3

This is exactly the information I am trying to look for as well! Except I hadn't set up my payment method properly!

DiAnn2
Level 3
Tempe, AZ

Airbnb pays the hosts AFTER the guest arrives.  Depending on what day of the week the guest checks can make a difference.  I believe it takes 3-5 business days for their payment to process through to your bank.  We have our payments go directly into our bank account so we continue to watch for that payment to arrive.  Keep checking.  The guests pay Airbnb directly prior to their reservation date depending on how you have it set up in your listing.  Hope this helps. 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Miranda17

I hope this reservation was a confirmed one and not still 'pending'.

This seems your first booking and since you don't give details I'll volunteer some tips:

You are a new host with Instant Book turned on and when I entered tomorrow for the first listing I noticed as well you allow same day and next day booking. Did you know that I as guest can Instant Book with you now, that my fraudulent credit card or insufficient bank balance will give the booking the status 'pending' and I have 24h to submit my payment? That means I can sleep over and be gone tomorrow morning for free before the system tells you the reservation status is 'declined'. Many scamming guests have discovered this loophole and use it.

Experienced hosts tighten their settings for that reason.

Allow Instant Book only for guests with positive reviews.

Check the box for ID verification required for booking.

No same-day stays.

State in your house rules there will be ID check (and write down their ID#!) upon arrival.