Holiday Cancellation Policy

Holiday Cancellation Policy

I would very much like to see an option for a Holiday Cancellation Policy.  In areas where a strict policy does not work well throughout the year, a moderate policy may not be sufficient during the holidays.  I would suggest the owner is given the option to choose "holiday cancellation policy" and enter the dates affected.  Since holidays are different all over the world, this would be the only logical way.  If a guest cancels their reservation for Christmas, New Years or 4th of July only five  days in advance, I can loose a substantial amount of rent as it is unliked to book that close to the holiday.  I do believe this would be a very nice benefit to owners. Thanks

3 Replies 3
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

Totally agree.

Beverly44
Level 2
Black Mountain, NC

We just had 2 cancellations within the “strict” cancellation period—one for 12/23-26 and the other 12/29-1/2. Both waited until the last legal moment, and I’m more than annoyed. Little chance for a rebooking of Christmas Eve/Day—really! New Years, maybe but not likely. Please help us out, Airbnb!

Same happened to me just a few days ago. Change the title of your listing to "CHRISTMAS CANCELLATION, Book now!"   I did that and I was booked within 4 hours.  I actually even raised the price by $30 a night. Not sure what area you are in, but we are in the mountains and a lot of people are looking and cannot find anything. So we both won.  Soon as it books, change the title of your listing back.