Identification program in India.

Answered!
Trifino0
Level 2
Goa, India

Identification program in India.

Six months ago i was introduced to a company that carried out an identification program. I had participated in this program as a host and furnished the required details as needed. A representative of the company carrying out this identification program visited me and verified all the documentation.

Yesterday i received an email telling me that some other company has been authorised to carry out an identification program. What baffles me is how many identification programs are we needed to participate in? Isnt one enough?

I completely understand the reasons for an identification program but repeatedly carrying there programs out tells me that either air bnb does not trust the data provided by the previous third party or the data has not been furnished to them and has to carry out the excercise all over again.

As a host i feel this is very unprofessional and demanding. I suggest air bnb verifies and carefully chooses the third party data collectors first before it decides to continue with this repeated requirement.

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Trifino0,

Lovely to meet you. My name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager here.

It is really good to hear you are conscious of unfamiliar communication and that you are taking actions to find out more when you are not sure about something. As other hosts have mentioned here.

I have been in contact with a colleague of mine and she has confirmed that Airbnb in India are working with a company called IDfy. I am assuming this is the company you are speaking about? I can confirm that IDfy is completely legit.

This said, since you have already gone through and completed the verification earlier, there is no need to go through it again, therefore you should be all sorted on this front and you don't need to do anything further with this. 🙂

I hope this is helpful. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22
Elaine47
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Please share what you are talking about. I've been w Airbnb for a year and never had any I'd company approach. That's scary!
Carolyn5
Level 8
Leongatha South, Australia

I would be contacting Air BnB to check this request is bona fide and that they approve the company before giving out any information. Your information may have been compromised in some way. Don't give anything out until you arfe certain.

Carolyn

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

I think you need to call Airbnb as soon as possible. I've been a host for over year and I have never heard of anyone having to go through a verification through a third-party.
Actually it makes me incredibly nervous to read what you wrote because I am pretty sure you've been scammed.
Never give out any information for yourself as a host through Airbnb unless Airbnb contacted you first.
Please call the company and always run it past them on things like that. Me personally, never would've given any of my information to a company that has no business with me hosting.
And can you do me a favor, please don't be so quick to blame Airbnb. They didn't do anything. And they actually have a solid system if a host truly takes the time to read everything that is provided in their website and read the helpful articles.
They are not the ones for you to be angry with....
Due your research first... That's my best advice. Good luck.
If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Thanks momi,

I appreciate your advice and please do not presume i have not done my research. My issue is India centric and i was hoping to get some response from Indian Hosts. Probably if and when you are faced with an issue like mine you would be in a better position to understand and judge. 

@Trifino0 - my apologies.
I'm disappointed that you felt i was judging you. Was NOT my intention at all. I was being helpful to say to contact ABB that's all. Here's where I am confused... It seems that you were judging Airbnb on their protocol for verification and your post did not specify that you ONLY wanted India hosts to help you. I thought I was being helpful to suggest that you call ABB just to verify this extra needed verification before you gave out more information - that's what I meant by research. I'm glad was so helpful to post that she did the research for you by contacting Airbnb to ask about this verification request from a 3rd party company. I learn something new and that's always a good thing.
My FAV host and friend is in India as a SUPERHOST and I had reached out to him via Instagram to ask him but Lizzie beat me to the answer. That's how I care.. I was asking him for you since he is Superhost in India and I knew he would know. Wishing you only the best. Thanks for using the Community Center. 🙂
If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

@Momi0

Thanks for your efforts. It was my first post here in the community centre and my title did mention India. I was expecting to reach Indian hosts who would either confirm having received such emails for verification. I am almost flooded by emails from this company called Idfy which is a third party partner of Air BnB. And yes i am irked that this verification program has to be repeated.

As Lizzie has confirmed i do not need to do anything since i have already been verified i will let this issue rest.

If you were in my shoes, being asked to be verified again and again perhaps would upset you too. Specially since it involves personal information disclosure.

I do understand your explanation and thank you very much for it.

Best Regards

Trifino

@Trifino0
Before I forget, since you wrote that you can't call ABB, there is a list of ALL contact numbers for every host around the world - it can be found by using the search bar in the community center by typing key words Airbnb phone numbers
Another helpful tip for you.

Aloha, Momi

Thanks Momi,

I Appreciate your kindness.

Regards

Trifino

Trifino0
Level 2
Goa, India

Thanks guys for replying so quickly. But as i see all of you are hosts outside India and may not be in a position to understand what i am talking about. I am unable to contact Air BnB as i have no customer care number to call. I am hoping some Air BnB staff can see this and tell me whats going on?

I have two screen shots of the emails sent to me. (which i cannot upload here it seems)

One thanking me for participation in the verification program (First Advantage was the third party partner authorised to collect the data)

And the other is requesting me to verify my details again through IDfy (IDFy is also a third party partner authortised to collect the data)

If i have been scammed then i am sure there are many Hosts who are being scammed too in India.

If i am not scammed please tell me whats going on?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Trifino0,

Lovely to meet you. My name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager here.

It is really good to hear you are conscious of unfamiliar communication and that you are taking actions to find out more when you are not sure about something. As other hosts have mentioned here.

I have been in contact with a colleague of mine and she has confirmed that Airbnb in India are working with a company called IDfy. I am assuming this is the company you are speaking about? I can confirm that IDfy is completely legit.

This said, since you have already gone through and completed the verification earlier, there is no need to go through it again, therefore you should be all sorted on this front and you don't need to do anything further with this. 🙂

I hope this is helpful. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks a ton Lizzie.

I appreciate your kind help.

Regards 

Trifino

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Trifino0. I am really glad this was helpful. 🙂

--------------------

Shilpa2
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi Lizzie,

How are you?

I am currently dealing with a guest who is regularly disrepspecting the rules, is very unhygenic and after being told multiple times, is still not doing what has been stipulated in our rules and mis using the facilities. Every day there is a problem and I don't feel safe with this guest. What can I do? Can I ask the guest to leave, and how does it work? Appreciate your help. Thanks, Shilpa.

Hi Lizzie,

I have recieved an email again to go through the identification process by IDfy. If you remember our conversation you had advised me that it was not necessary. This time the email states i will be delisted if i do not go through the process. Would you be able to tell me why such identification is carried out repeatedly?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Trifino