My guest canceled, I accepted. It says I canceled though..? Help.

Benjamin80
Level 1
Redding, CA

My guest canceled, I accepted. It says I canceled though..? Help.

My guest cancelled their reservation with me and I accepted their cancellation. Now that date is still blocked and it says that I cancelled their booking...? There is also one of those automated reviews on my listing, which makes me think that I have damaged my chances at becomeing a "Super Host" anytime soon. Also I can't really find a way to contact Airbnb about this issue.

3 Replies 3
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

This is unfortunately a regular occurrence with hosts who do not know how the system works fully. You most probably received an email from Airbnb saying that your guest wanted to cancel and you hit accept. Hence you cancelled. Its a very poor system in my opinion, one that often catches out hosts. In future decline and t]let the guest cancel. Good luck. Cheers from paradise. D
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

This is a fairly new thing, and catches hosts out regularly. I suggest contacting them, type in ''contact airbnb'' in the searchbar and all the alternatives will show. Just to let you know there is precendence for hosts to have it successfully revoked. I think if enough hosts complain and get it reversed, they might change the wording. It need to say ''Guest wants you to cancel, be aware that if you accept you will be subjected to all the usual penalties for cancelling'' OR they need to skip the new horrid system entirely!

Good luck

Thanks y'all. I emailed and contacted them, so im waiting to hear back. The wording defenitly needs to be more clear. I feel really jipped by this.