Over 100 views but no enquiries? Is the site working right?

Over 100 views but no enquiries? Is the site working right?

SInce becoming a Superhost  enquiries have been almost non existant. In the last 30 days I've had over 100 views and not a single enquiry.(36 views in 2 days?)  I have checked everything I can think of.  Lowered my price repeatedly, 2 day minimum, although initially I wanted a1 week minimum for the Christmas holiday. I even listed the price in the headline.  Same great place, 5 star ratings, listed as a Superhost.....

so what's wrong?  Most places in my neighborhood are booked for christmas. 

Contacted airbnb and so far nothing. I'm starting to think it's the site, although it worked so well for me until October. I was booked constantly.   I have since listed on vrbo and thankfully have had a few bookings but I have to build my reviews all over again. I prefer Airbnb but I'm concerned I can't rely on it.   Suggestions?              North Vancouver, close to the seabus.

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Don't know what to tell you @Peggy2 other than it's that time of year when actual bookings are slow.  How does this year stack up against last year's bookings? Also your listing description on the title page says $500 per week so maybe people are confused and don't read on down to see that you accept 2 night's minimum?  People are notorious for not reading!

Joanna7
Level 1
Sleepy Hollow, NY

Some people do want to stay for just one night. I have plenty of 1 night bookings for business or local events. You may also need to lower your nightly rate in the slow seasons. My booking did well at $100/ night in the high season in my area, but I can only get bookings at $50/night in the low season. You have to play around with the price to find the "sweet spot" as it is different depending on your location.