Price doesn't add up! Guests says they are quoted one price, which is more than th quote I see!

Linda547
Level 2
North Hampton, NH

Price doesn't add up! Guests says they are quoted one price, which is more than th quote I see!

I have a guest requesting 2 nights in October! He asked me the price-i looked at the details of his request..

1st night $575

2nd night $575

cleaning fee $175

Airbnb fee -$40

total $1325

Guest says Airbnb quoting him $1476

Does anyone know why?

He wants me to honor $1325

1 Reply 1

@Linda547

Guests have to pay "guest service fees" to Airbnb. The amount the host recieves and the amount paid by guest are not supposed to be the same. Based on my experience, guest service fees seem to be at least 10~12% of the reservation subtotal. (I haven't seen guest service fees below 10%) 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1857/what-are-airbnb-service-fees

Guest service fees

When a reservation is confirmed, we charge guests a service fee between 5% and 15% of the reservation subtotal. Guests see this fee on the checkout page before they book a reservation. In areas where we’re required to collect VAT, we’ll combine the service fee and VAT amounts on the checkout page, so the service fee may appear to be greater than 15%. Guest service fees are calculated using a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the reservation subtotal, the length of the reservation, and characteristics of the listing. In general, higher reservation subtotals have lower guest service fee percentages.