Problems changing my email address

Answered!

Problems changing my email address

I stopped using one my my internet service providers and need to change my email address.  They Airbnb system thinks my new email address already exists (it is my other longstanding email addy) and won't let me use it.

Without changing to the new email addy, I will not get reservation requestions.

Why no direct help from Airbnb with this, so tough to get service?

How do I resolve this issue?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34
Jennifer2027
Level 2
Baguio, Philippines

I have also attempted to change account in air b n b and but not successful with it.

Jennifer2027
Level 2
Baguio, Philippines

Can you get in touch with me through my  latest cellphone number

Lixia0
Level 2
Carlingford, Australia

I have the same problem now.

My gmail email for some reason was deleted, not by myself , not by google, so could be hacked and then deleted. It no longer exists.  I cannot login the web based airbnb as it redirected to google. I contacted airbnb helpdesk multiple times but all I got is "sorry we can't help with this situation".

I'm a super host  with 71 positive review and I worked so hard to achieve this.  I don't want to create a new account that I'll lose my super host badge and all reviews , as well as all the current bookings.

I can't believe for such a simple technical question that airbnb can't do anything about it. They can verify via anything, my passport, my phone number or even police check verification.

Wondering anyone else has resolved this recently?

Trying to book a room and had the same problem.  My website does not exist anymore, thus my email address.  Orig. setup airbnb tru facebook so I am in an endless loop to reset my email address.  Host thinks I am strange and "does not feel comfortable renting to us for a week", even though we have several very good reviews.  Now, I have to start over with no reviews.  I would not be so upset but with Corvid going on, there are not many places to choose from.  Good luck.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines