Problems changing my email address

Answered!

Problems changing my email address

I stopped using one my my internet service providers and need to change my email address.  They Airbnb system thinks my new email address already exists (it is my other longstanding email addy) and won't let me use it.

Without changing to the new email addy, I will not get reservation requestions.

Why no direct help from Airbnb with this, so tough to get service?

How do I resolve this issue?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Joe13 Contact Airbnb...I see this issue all the time on twitter @Airbnbhelp.  They'll sort it out for you.

Diana33
Level 1
Davao City, Philippines

That is the same problem with changing my email address.

How can i contact them to sort it out for me?

Contact how? Besides twitter.

The Airbnb app and/or website has no way to contact and correct this email change issue.

Helen324
Level 2
Chilham, United Kingdom

I have the same prblem

Lina109
Level 1
Malaysia

I have the same problem too. When I went to the options stated, I can't find "this is about aomething else"

Michael1299
Level 2
Windsor, CA

I need to change my Airbnb email address since I will be losing access to that email account, but Airbnb seems to think that my other new email address is already taken or in use. Please Help!

I'm also having this problem.  When I try to update my email address through my profile, the response is that the (new) address has been taken.  I'm trying to contact airbnb through the "Community" suggestion, but have yet to receive a response. Has anyone in this conversation got direction on how to successfully change their email address?

I have been just as desperate about changing my email address, but following your advice here I managed to get to the help desk and they actually changed my email address for me within 24 hours. I also called the phone numbers listed here below and waited in the line just for 5 minutes. Then, I was very well received. I guess they have listened to your feedback. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245  

Tim414
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

tried this - 'invalid address'

John1858
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Sofie,

I am going round in circles, unable to change my email address through the Edit Profile.

Can I ask you what the telephone number you used was. I can't find any way of contacting Airbnb, just the person who I am about to stay with next week.

Thank you

John

How did you get this to work? They are insisting they cannot change my email address without me having access to my old one for them to send the new password to! 😞

Yep, I was sent to the app (which I hadn't used in years) to add photo id - but the app had wrong email. When I completed the booking in the app, I didn't realise there was an issue with the email. So didn't get any confirmation of booking, nor does it does the booking show up in my account (the one I created with the right email), so now I'm lost between two accounts that share a phone number (which is corrrect on both), but only have access to my booking via the account on the app.... which has the wrong email! and won't let me change it! It's a merry-go-round.

Olga547
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hello did you manage anything ?