Reservation rate changed suddenly and drastically

Samuel65
Level 1
Porlezza, Italy

Reservation rate changed suddenly and drastically

Hello,

One month ago I opened up our house for instant booking again for the coming season (may - october). For the first 2 weeks I received a reservation or an enquiry every day, sometimes, twice a day, but in the last two weeks I haven't received anything, apart from a few people cancelling their reservations. 

I have super host status, our house is amongst the cheapest of the properties in the area, we're not over-saturated with hosts, and I still have plenty of dates available in july and august, the peak season. The sudden change in bookings seems too drastic and marked to be a simple lull in demand, and I can only suppose that our house isn't coming up in searches. 

I don't subscribe to the 'price tips' because I don't believe in speculation - we have a fair and reasonable price and that's what everybody pays who stays here. 

Does anybody have any idea what might be happening? I had to convince the owner of the property to allow me to rent it through AirBnB rather than a traditional agency, on the basis that it is more profitable, but if things stay like this I'll have to consider cancelling all of my current bookings and looking for a long-term tenant instead. 

Thanks for your time

Sam

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Hi @Samuel65 never underestimate the power of profesional photos 🙂 Your photos sucks. Sorry. And there is no photo of the kitchen and bathroom. Why? Hire the professional photographer with the professional equipment and prepare the house for real photo shooting, it means beds neatly done, flowers on the table, towels folded like in the shop etc etc.... 

:-s

Monika64
Level 10
New York, NY

@Samuel65

I agree with @Branka-and-Silvia0, you don't really have great photos 😞 Dark, way too much going on, objects hanging in (umbrella, someone's dirty foot). Right under your listing description Airbnb will offer 3 (usually cheaper) options for anyone who looks as your property. All of them have better pictures and more reviews. You'll have a hard time competing with those 😞

I'm waiting for my professional photos as of right now, I know they'll make a HUGE difference. Get one of your friends with an actual camera with strong flash, trypod if you cannot afford a professional. Or you can just use Airbnb free photography if you don't mind that you cannot use those photos on any other sites.

I have had 2 "professional"  photographers from Airbnb and TripAdvisor. Both photographers submitted ugly pictures that I have never used. Actually these young people  didn't look like professionals.  Waste of time.