Reservations

Tc3
Level 1
London, Canada

Reservations

I am continually having guests request to stay at my apartment, thinking it is in London ENGLAND.  I am in London CANADA.  I end up having to decline all the time so I look like a horrible host!!!  Does this affect my superhost rating, how do I let Airbnb know there is a glitch or something....people don't seem to realize its in CANADA not EUROPE.

8 Replies 8

@Tc3   You could try changing the title of your listing to incorporate - London, CANADA.  And then add it again in the description at the top in block capitals and/or with asterisk's.  ✱✱✱  

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Just below the title it says only: London
Allthough location map shows clearly it is located in Ontario, Canada, it's easy misunderstood at first glance. Maybe put also in the description an extra sentence (at the top) to make clear it's Canada ? Or change : "Brand new, beautifully appointed, private suite in a quiet, mature neighbourhood in "[add some info about location]" ?

The search box at Airbnb website is forcing visitors to make a choice for "London UK" or "London ,ON, Canada", so it will not mix the two "London's" in search results

But maybe your listing shows up wrong in searches outside Airbnb (allthough my test searches at Google do not confirm this).

Guests should put on their glasses before sending a request....:>)
Best regards,Emiel

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Have a chat with customer service @Tc3, your listing should not come up if someone searches London UK or even London Texas, London Ohio, London Minnesota, London Michigan, London Kentucky, London Indiana and London Arkansas

Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

Peter618
Level 10
Chur, Switzerland

@Tc3

Instead of declining you could accept the request, it is not your fault if they don't read your listing.

Then the guest needs to cancel from his side and your reputation as host is not affected at all.

Who knows, maybe somebody decides then to visit canada instead of england, ha ha 🙂

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

I've had a problem with people booking my unit, thinking I'm in Vineland, New Jersey instead of Vineland, Ontario: maybe it's an Ontario thing :-). The Vineland in NJ is close to Philadelphia, so people think they've found a cheap place to stay while visiting the city.

If people send a booking request and it seems like they might be booking the wrong location based on what they say, I mention the location to confirm that they're in the right spot. A couple of people have cancelled because they have instant booked, then figured out their mistake.

You can do what others suggest and include it prominently in your listing, but it's featured prominently in my listing as well and people still make the mistake. You can't force people to read, unfortunately!

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Yup, @Tc3, I'm in Florence.

Florence, Ontario, has in its Community Centre a roll-curtain oil painting done up in 1935 by Miss E. Kerby of the mountains she could picture in her head. Believe me when I say it pales in comparison to any painting in the other Florence. I have to warn guests who have confused their Florences about this, but since I can assure them we have pizza and a bridge, I always accept their requests.  

Hi I am a new join team member help me how to use airbnb because I have property in london Ontario. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kamal116 

You simply need to specify on your listing (early on in the description and in a prominent place) that it's in London Ontario, not London England!