Response rates: mine, theirs, and the money machine.

Mb0
Level 1
Houston, TX

Response rates: mine, theirs, and the money machine.

Dear AirBnb:

Recently I received a threatening notification that my response rate is sub-par (71%) and that you may opt to delist my listing.

Airbnb, if you were me, receiving a lot of requests and most of them simply 'exploratory', not to mention the guests who do book and flakily back out before or during the trip-- knowing that sifting through these can take about 1-2 hours per day, on average --- would you even have a response rate as high as 71%?  

The answer, I can tell you, is no. Your response rate with me on an important issue is 0%. You still have not responded to my request from five months ago to take action and provide appropriate compensation when your own staff disrupted one of my reservations.  

Further,  delisting me is not in your financial interests. You make a lot of money off the 'service fees' -- for all the work that I do to host people at my place.  For extended periods of time,  I would make 50% (!!) more if I went through a realtor. 

Regarding the pricing formula and portal. What a mess.  The formula is incorrect -- not showing for guests what I set in the portal -- and the portal has changed three times over the past month or two, probably contributing to the inaccuracies.

Since your response rate is so low, I am posting a public comment, in hopes of receiving a response.

If I were AirBnb, I would put more effort into my own response rate, before threatening customers about theirs.  

Sincerely,

MB

P.S. While my name is MB, you only show it as "Mb" on my profile. So again, thank you for the "b-littling".

0 Replies 0