Review

Answered!
Duje0
Level 2
Split, Croatia

Review

Hello all.

I have a question.

Last few review which i wrote for my guests i can see on their airbnb profile, but they didn't write rewiew for my apartment.

Why is that so.

1 Best Answer
Kim-and-Jen0
Level 10
Oslo, Norway

Hi Duje,

Once the guests check out they will be prompt to write a review within 14 days, however they can choose not to leave any, it is not an obligation for them to write, after 14 days the review will be online. So if you wrote for them and they will see it on their profile, if they didnt write any for you then nothing to show. maybe next time few days after the guests check out, you can write to them to leave you a review. hope it helps 😃

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Kim-and-Jen0
Level 10
Oslo, Norway

Hi Duje,

Once the guests check out they will be prompt to write a review within 14 days, however they can choose not to leave any, it is not an obligation for them to write, after 14 days the review will be online. So if you wrote for them and they will see it on their profile, if they didnt write any for you then nothing to show. maybe next time few days after the guests check out, you can write to them to leave you a review. hope it helps 😃

Hi Kim and Jen

Thank you for answer.

You help me a lot.

I' know that there is 14 day to write rewiev from both sides guest and host.

I think that is stupid if guest or host dont write rewiew , after 14 day's rewiew is on their Airbnb page ( depend who write rewiev).

I' was thinking about sending message to guest about to write rewiew, but i dont wont to be  negative person who force guest's to write rewiew if they don't want it , or they dont like their stay.

Duje.

Hi Duje,

Well some guests didnt bother to write because maybe they new to airbnb and dont know how it works. If you have good experience with the guests you can start by writing something like  'hey how are you doing? If you are free would you write a review for me, to share your experience with other guests or give some feedbacks to improve my listing?', but please do this if you are in good term with the guest and had fun. if you know they not happy, you dont have to do it or else it will just give bad ratings. 

good luck

Hi Kim and Jen

Thank you for all, you help me a lot.

Have a nice day

I was wondering this.

I didn't write a review because I never actually saw the host. The apartment wasn't that clean and I think he charged too much.

I don't want to be dishonest though so I wrote the host directly, texting him, to let him know that the person giving us the key was late and that he should change or clean the shower curtain.

I felt uncomfortable splashing a negative review on his listing and thought contacting him directly so he can improve.

So he can write a review of ME anyway, correct?

I wouldn't prompt a guest to write a review.

Hi Sharon, as a guest i think it is nice to write a review to your host. Just write factual things what you experienced during your stay, it is good for host to improve so in future they understand if they didnt do it, it will affect on their ratings so lesser guests coming to stay. It also helping other guests to pick a place to stay. Airbnb is a community, a honest polite review will be appreciated.

If u write him a review, he cant see it until he write you one or 14 days after you leave. But you text him instead so now he can write whatever he wants. So it is better to leave him a review via airbnb not direct messaging.

I am both host and guest and I always leave reviews. As a guest, i will write the positive things first and you can also write what they can improve. you can write your opinion without attacking your host. And there is private feed back column too if you want to point out something but didnt want others to read. 😉
Sarah318
Level 2
Wilmington, NC

If they dont post a review your review of them will not be posted. I email a copy of what I have written to them and thank them for staying. This normally makes them then give me a review. Of course if i just hosted fanny fusspot and know she is going to post a picky review I dont do one for her as it then blocks her review from appearing

the review will be posted online after 14 days if only one party wrote it. if both wrote it, it will be online shortly after.

you can check this link

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work

@Sarah318, I don't think it works that way.  I used to think so, but we recently had a guest about whom we posted a review, and she never reviewed us. After two weeks, our review of her appeared on her profile. Still no review from her. So while Airbnb makes it sound like both parties need to post reviews for either to become public, the reality appears to be different.

It certainly surprised me when it happened, I can tell you that.

Carl

Hi Sarah,

just a question about what you’re saying with posting reviews. So if I guest posts a nasty review but we don’t post one for them, theirs won’t get posted? Others are saying it will but only after 14 days. We have recently had tenants who broke our no smoking rule and so have been asked to relocate (with Airbnb’s resolution support). And so now I’m worried they’re going to leave a bad review. But what I’m reading from you is that if I don’t review them, it won’t show up? Or is that incorrrxct and it will show up but only after 14 days? TIA for your input!

David-and-Donna0
Level 1
Roseville, CA

I need some advice.  

I had a guest and I do not want to leave a review on them.  Does this penalized me in anyway?  I have a 5 start rating and all good reviews.

I am confused...if a guest leaves a review on me and I don't on them...is theirs published on my profile anyway?

Thank you

Maria568
Level 5
Stanthorpe, Australia

Another question ... is airbnb always publishing my reviews even if the guest does not leave a review? I wrote one guest review and I can not see it ? Please give me some feedback.