Road Noise not mentioned in description

Marianne197
Level 1
Switzerland

Road Noise not mentioned in description

Hello,

I am a host and just started a vacation as a guest a few days ago.

Unfortunately, as soon as we arrived we discovered that the place is very, very noisy because it is on a very traffic heavy road, and does not have proper modern windows.

We could not sleep and after the first night, decided to change accomodation, as we could not spend our vacation there.

We immediately contacted the host and Airbnb support to get support to be refunded for the unused nights (we ended up staying for 3 nights, the time to find another place).

But the host denies the issue, saying we knew all about the place (which is not true, we knew it was near a street, but nothing was mentioned about the level of noise to expect). And the Airbnb support has not been helpful at all so far - for 3 days they ask me to send sound recordings, which I have done, but their email address response@airbnb.com does not work, and they dont understand it...

I had to cancel my 21 days stay after 3 nights, and for now I still have to pay for 50% of the remaining 18 days, so we are paying 1700 Euros for 3 horrible nights!!

Please can anyone help, what would you do in this situation to get some refund?

Thanks very much!!

Marianne

1 Reply 1
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Marianne197  Send it via AirbnbHelp on Twitter as a direct message. The noise issue should be listed in his listing. I would document it all in the AirBnB messaging system also. I would never rent a place with noise issue as I am a lite sleeper, but if they don't tell you how are you to know until you show up.