Special Offers

Avril0
Level 1
United Kingdom

Special Offers

I have a person wanting to book for 6 weeks but my price is too high for the length of his stay so I want to offer a discount. I looked on the help and it said to open the email thread and click on Attach a special offer tab. But there is no such tab on the email threads. Has anyone else offered a special offer and if so how did you do this. There is no way to email airbnb on their website.

Regards Avril

34 Replies 34
Graziela-and-Thais0
Level 2
São Paulo, Brazil

Hi!

In order to send him a special offer, open your message thread with the guest and click Send a Special Offer on the left of the page.

Enter the amount (total of nightly rates + cleaning fee) in the Guest Pays box. Don't include security deposit or Airbnb taxes.

Hi Graziela

Thanks for your reply, but as I said in my post, there is no Attach a special offer tab.

Regards

Avril

I have exactly the same problem... Sometimes "special offer" bottom appears, sometimes not... that's just crazy....

Same here. I am not seeing the "special offer" button. In my case, this is for a guest who stayed for a few days (so I already send her one special offer), but now she'd like to stay longer and I can't send her a special offer with a discounted price. WTF?

I have the same issue - there just is no SEND SPECIAL BUTTON on any of the message screens.
There used to be - i have used it before -but now it is just not there.
I have tried on 3 different browsers.

Any other ideas on how to send an offer would be appreciated.... Regards

@Charles19, we just had guests who wanted to stay two extra nights. The nights after theirs had a higher price, and when I extended the reservation, I wanted to keep the original price. When I did alter the reservation, there was an option to specify the price, so it was easy.

As an example: guests stayed 2 nights at $50/night. They want to stay another night, but the next night is $80 on the calendar. On the guest's confirmation page in your in-box, you click "Change or Cancel" at the top. You change the dates. In "subtotal" it shows the ordinary new price with the added days (you can see the difference in green--that is, the cost of the added days). You can then change the price in the box to extend the special offer—in this example, changing $180 to $150, showing that you've added $50. When you finish, AirBnB will send a message to your guest asking them to accept the changed reservation, with the agreed price.  (Which doesn't include the AirBnB fee, but they paid that on the original offer too.) They accept, and there you are.

It worked great for us. 

Did you figure out how to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem currently.

For some reason the special offer button is not there, must be a glitch.  I sent a message to my guest who had sent the request, advised them that I would be revising the amount. I confirmed the request and it immediately gave me the option to change it. Hope this helps

So true, I WISH AirBnB would sort this, it's so frustrating.

your suggestion does not work!! no such place to click!

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Avril0.

I will try to help you with this.

First you need to log into you ABB account and go to your messages.  Find the person's request that you want to make the special offer to.  You will be taken to that person's request.  Scroll down below the quote and you can select "Send Special Offer".  See image below.

offer.png

The original quote price will open up allowing you to enter a new amount.  You then press "Send special offer" again.  See below.

offer2.png

I hope this helps you @Avril0

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Ah, that is a change. 

I wondered as it used to be you could make a special offer during the accept / decline process.

I didn't see that Special Offer at the left, so thanks for the info. I liked it the old way as it made sense to hit Accept with the option to send a special offer.

Or maybe I'm hallucinating and it never was that way 🙂

Sar0
Level 1
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Hi, Im having the same problem, When i go into my message with the renter, then into the 'Requested Reservation' part, I can see the Check in and out, nights, princing, subtotal and host fee etc, but no special order tab. Can you please help. I want to offer him 10% off. Many Thanks, Sarah

hello! so i saw you had some very helpful responses on here, and thought i would shoot you a note. i'm currently trying to resolve my own issue with a reservation. the host and myself, the guest, agreed on a special offer price, but went ahead and booked the trip, figuring we could adjust it somehow after. i knew going into this that the host should've sent me the special offer ahead of time because i've hosted in the past and that is how i did it, but she wasn't sure how to do that. anyway, now we have the reservation priced at $977, and we agreed upon 875. if i cancel it, however, only to re-book it, will i be charged the airbnb fee again (in this case, $87 USD)? I don't know how to resolve this, unless the host were to personally refund me...? let me know if you know of a way around this. i am only cancelling this booking to re-book it at the appropriate rate, so i don't feel like airbnb should charge me a second time for the same booking, but i'm just assuming that they would...

thanks in advance for any help you can provide! 🙂

-confused guest, california