Specifying a charge for extra guest on my posting

Dana108
Level 2
Portland, OR

Specifying a charge for extra guest on my posting

Hi, Community!

I cannot figure out how to indicate on my posting that I charge $10 per extra guest. I let a guest know via message, but I want Airbnb to charge it automatically so I don't have to ask later. Does anyone know how to do this? It should be easy, but I can't find where to do it. 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dana

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Dana108,

Go to your calendar and click on "Pricing settings" near the top of the page.

Then scroll down and click on the "Edit" button for the "Extra charges" section.

You can then set the charge and the number of guests when the charge kicks in.

Then save the changes.

Steve.

Hello, Steve. I don't have the Pricing Settings option on my calendar page.  I have Pricing and these categories:

Hide prices
Hide rule-sets
Today
Calendar Month

Clicking on any of these doesn't result in an "extra charges" section that I can edit. It is a bit frustrating as I have been working on this for a bit.

Thank you for writing, though; I appreciate it!

Dana

Hello  @Dana108,

It's on the full month view for the calendar which you can get by clicking on the title of your listing, just to the right of the photo. Airbnb has only recently added the view that you see.

Apologies, I forgot that new extra step.

Pricing is also visible if you select "Host", then "Listings" and then click on your listing photo.

Steve.

Dana108
Level 2
Portland, OR

Thank you, Steve. I followed your steps and found what I needed. I had actually done it earlier, but Airbnb didn't apply it to my latest guest. Perhaps I hadn't changed it by that time.

I appreciate your help!

Dana