System is not accepting changed special offer amount.

System is not accepting changed special offer amount.

Hi,

I am attempting to send an inquirier a "Special Offer" .

After the potential guests initial inquiry I clicked on "Special Offer" on the left.

Offer screen came up. We offer 3 cottages at the same location and my "Special Offer" is for accommodations more suited (different from the posted Airbnb cottage the inquirier initially came through) for the quantity of guests stated.

I changed the cottage, changed the quantity and left it at the default amount €1600 in the Subtotal.

Message came up "Please select a valid Value". The two nearest valid values are 1599.779515 and 1600.779515

I chose the 1600.779515, hit send and the same message is still coming up "Please select valid....".

Please assist me.

Thank you.

SuperHost

E **

PS- why is it so hard to get assistance through Airbnb? Is there no way for direct assistance?

3 Replies 3
Zach6
Level 1
Wilmington, NC

Call AirBnB support. Looks like an interface error. Or you can try from a browser on a computer. 

Dickson0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

I have the same exact problem.

Also, guests are reporting problems booking after I give them pre-approval. Do you face such issues?

Airbnb is immensely frustrating. It is obviously a bug and not on my end or my guests' ends given that this occurs across different guests. 

Please let me know how this turns out. 

I'll let you know but there were more hurdles for me.

I googled a help desk number and called but they weren't very helpful.

They said to e-mail response@airbnb.com if it happens again.

However, because the account is under my 80yr mother's name (she does the correspondence, I handle everything else)

They were more concerned about me being authorized to speak about account (even though I had it right in front of me & could answer all security questions). And, he was totally unfamilar with my problem.

I'd post the number but, from the initial "press 1 if".. recording, the number was clearly for guests' cancellations & discrepancies.

I recommend you take screen shots of the problem (which I did) or the correspondence with your guest and call & e-mail them.

Annoyingly, the CSR spoke to me as though help & assistance was easy to access via their web site.

Airbnb should  be more supportive of their hosts & not put customer service on the back burner.

Recommending searching for past problem & corresponding resolution, or posting problems on the community board for an answer from the Airbnb community, is not the way to build confidence or trust.