The right price

The right price

Hi everyone! I would like to become an ABB host but I can not decide the average price. How do you set the right price for your ad? And the discount percentage? Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Hi , just see the prices that other host have in your same village / city with the same conditions as your appartment-house-room offer. DON'T use the price that Airbnb suggest, those are pretty low.

Good luck!

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Price a little lower than your competition to start with, then gradually raise the rates as you acquire good reviews. It will be an experimental process to see what your market will bear. Remember that for your first ten or so guests the review/rating they leave will make or break you so it's much more important to get a good review than a lot of money. I don't know what you mean by discount %.

It will take you some time to figure out what the right price is, ,  but you do not have to worry. At this stage you have to get started with four-wheel drive:

1. accurate ad: the essence of the proposal will decide your destiny;
  2. positive reviews;
  3. feedback and social connections (FB etc.);
  4. fast response times: AIRBNB rewards catlike reactions.

In this first phase of qualification (pay attention to false starts) you desperately need to get positive reviews.

Competition is fierce. Try to understand what separates the best ad from the worst ad in that area. Sometimes you just need a little detail to make the difference!

Suggestion of the athletic trainer: once you have understood in which price range insert your ad, a price slightly lower than average - as noted above - could prove to be a great ally to get straight to the top of the summit.

But one point must be made here. You have to lower the price only at the beginning of hosting: later you can indulge by setting the price for weekend, discount prices for weekly and monthly stays, personalised pricing for specific weeks or months, manually change the prices of individual days directly from the calendar or change them according to the seasons or at special events related to your city (exhibitions, fairs, festivals, etc.).

But descendings are inevitable. Do not be misled by shooting stars and scores. You’re not running for a medal. You’re running for yourself. Bitter disappointments (such as a bad unmotivated review) may arise, but don’t give up hope.

Hosting is a strange journey for the soul that takes you places you weren’t expecting to go, where you've probably never arrived.

If you can get the best out of this imperfect experience, if you can not fall into unexpected events, if you do not get caught by performance anxiety, you’ll witness rise of hope, then you’ll understand that you are not hosting tourists, as you thought, but some people traveling, and somehow you are in that journey.

Keep on traveling. Keep on hosting those who want to feel like a traveler. Don’t stop. Move it or lose it, my friend.