Two Questions by Newbie

Sam61
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

Two Questions by Newbie

1.  If the guest inquiring isn't yet 'verified' with Airbnb, is it safe to preapprove them?

2.  When Air suggests that you respond within 24 hours...does that mean respond to their questions, or does that mean approve or decline them within 24 hours?

Sam

3 Replies 3
Clover0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

1. I will prefer they are verified with ID or Facebook. If they don't have any, asking questions to get to know them before you accept their request. If they already have good reviews from other host. That will be a big plus.
2.i think it means if you respond their message in 24 hours, your respond rating will be good. Or else you will make your respond rating low.
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Sam61, @Clover0, you have to accept or decline in 24 hours. Not negotiable. If you are going to be away from the internet longer than that, in order not to miss any booking responses necessary you can ''snooze'' your listing, bottom left on the Manage Listing page.

Up to the host who you accept, most of my guests are new users and have very little verification and no reviews. You can set your parameters, but you can also ask your guest for more info/verification/photo etc if you are not feeling certain you want them.

Thank you

Sam