Violent guest

Magdala0
Level 2
El Prado, NM

Violent guest

what should I do with a very violent guest, calling you names and bad words, leaving behind horrible things, and stocking me...

then leaving a revew that if i respond, I will be opening a door that most likely the police will get involve because she knows where i live...

and airbnb is not protecting?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Magdala0 ,

Did you report this guest (flag icon + "report" link at top of profile) to Airbnb ?

Best regards, Emiel

I just had a horrible guest who kicked my door just because he was unable to follow simple directions to get the keys out of a lockbox. I reported him but I don't know what consequences this will have on my score as a host 😞 

Greta, i am sorry you experienced this, i have noticed that some guests have terrible anger issues and just called support to have on couples' stay cancelled due to this. We as hosts should not be subjected to such infantile behaviour which is not your fault. Guests disregard instructions when having a bad day and take it out on us. It has no place on airbnb and there should be more done. Don't hold your breath though, it took me three days of constant trying and I still did not receive a proper outcome. I've reported guests and they still have profiles and nothing was done. I wish you luck, and keep your head held high.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear this @Greta44. Please phone Airbnb and tell them.

If you don't feel safe then ask them to cancel the booking.

Unfortunately some guests leave low scores in retaliation. This shouldn't stop you from doing what is right for you. If he leaves a bad review you can always put a note to explain why you complained about his behaviour.

Thanks for your support, Helen!

I just emailed Air Bnb with the whole story. We'll see how it goes.

Cheers!