Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Bobby237
Level 1
New Braunfels, TX

Hello! Name is Bobby Le! Just started my two personal Airbnb and just started working for Asiana Investments LLC (pretty new) 

I love the way both ABnb units came out but I don't know if it's enough. 

What is "enough decor" 

OH is it okay if I say that if you need a property manager? And suggest myself? Is there a rule against that =PP

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Bobby237 Welcome to Airbnb and the Community Center! 😃

You can always ask for listing critique from other Hosts. You can find our guide on how to do so here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/How-to-ask-for-listing-critique-on-the-Community-...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Sharon1566
Level 1
Marietta, GA

Hi! I am Sharon ** and I am from Florida originally am now transplanted up here in Atlanta, GA! I am doing a Permanent Jewelry Experience in a city on the northside called Roswell! I hope to connect with other hosts in my area and learn more! 

**[Name hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Sharon1566 , welcome to the Community Center. 😃

Your experience looks amazing! My mom used to work at a goldsmith workshop and sometimes took home some stuff to make necklaces and brooches etc. I of course had to try it for myself and it's so much fun to do. 

-----

Jermain40
Level 4
St. Louis, MO

Hello everyone, 

My name is Jermain, currently living/hosting in St. Louis MO.  I am avid fan of diy HGTV type shows and have a passion for renovating/flipping properties. This side hustle is what led me to becoming a host and retaining my properties rather than selling.  

Fun Fact: My location is centrally located next to Tower Grove Park/Botanical Gardens and about 10 minutes from all major attractions in St. Louis such as the Arch, Busch Stadium, Zoo, Science Center, Enterprise Center, Budweiser HQ. 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Jermain40 welcome to Airbnb and the Community Center! 😉

It sounds like you're in a very nice part of St. Louis. I'm a big fan of those DIY shows as well, they're full of inspiration though some of the projects do seem quite big for me. 🫣

-----

Hello Everyone,

My name is Al. I just started Airbnb hosting, recently.

Nice to meet everyone !

Nice to meet you Alfred. My name is Terri, and our Airbnb is listed under Terracha, LLC.  We just started in October also, with the studio apartment. In Bellingham Washington. We're going to add to this soon with a three-bedroom house, we are out in the county on the Lummi Indian reservation, and we have a fantastic view of water, City, and eagles galore. I'm hoping to learn more from this community also.

Terri
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the community @Terracha0! There's a lot of information available in the community that might be helpful 🙂. Also, we've got a guide on how to ask fellow Hosts for listing critique (See guide). 

-----

Hey Terri,

Happy New Year ! ! !

Glad to meet you.

How are you ?

Forgive the late reply.

Getting more accustomed to accessing this thread.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the community @Alfred686! 😊 

-----

Hello Quincy,

Happy NewYear ! ! !

How are you ?

Forgive the late reply.

I wrapped up last host back in November.  I worked AirBnb for one month.

It brought in profits.

Kirsten311
Level 2
State College, PA

Hi there! I'm a new host in Pennsylvania, very close to Penn State University. Thousands of visitors come here for the football games!  Although we're close to campus, we live in a quiet neighborhood and are only a 15min drive from beautiful farmlands. Great to connect with you all on here!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community @Kirsten311! 👋 

-----

Carman5
Level 2
North Charleston, SC

Hi there! I'm Carman, brand new to this whole thing. From North Charleston SC. I have 3 properties I want to bring online, in the Myrtle Beach, Waccamaw River, and one in the rural upstate. I am almost ready to put the first property up as a listing in the Myrtle Beach area. I have sooooo many questions. I hope to find answers, advice and support here. I have a husband, 3 adult sons (o e disabled), a dog, and 3 cats. I worked in healthcare, but plan to do this full time now. Eager to connect with others!