Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Happy to have you with us @Carman5! 🙂 I would recommend asking the community for listing critique, as this is very helpful! We have a dedicated guide on this as well here 👉 https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/How-to-ask-for-listing-critique-on-the-Community-...

Let me know how your hosting journey goes!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello!  My name is Julia and my husband and I have just listed a suite attached to our home. We are located in New London, New Hampshire, in a town with lots of history, access to two lakes, mountains for hiking, a college campus (Colby Sawyer college) and a seasonal theater playhouse.  We just had our first guest last weekend who gave us a terrific review, and a few more bookings this month, and in December.  Pleasantly surprised with the response so far.  I want to learn as much about successful hosting as I can.  I am in healthcare part time, and have worked in retail/customer service in the past.  

Hi Julia,

We own & rent out a 1 bedroom condo located in Pigeon Forge, TN. We always email the renter before they arrive & wish them a safe trip.  The day after they arrive, we email &  ask if they need anything, have any questions or ideas..  I also ask what they wish we had in the condo to make their visit more helpful.  I also wait an hour or so after their check out & Thank them for choosing us.

Carlos-José4
Level 2
Maracay, Venezuela

Hola Estefanía,soy Carlos ,desde Venezuela interesado en aprender un poco de cada cultura soy un apasionado en las inversiones de bolsa de valores ,tengo una pregunta tal vez me puedes orientar soy nuevo en Airbnb,también apasionado por los bienes raíces y todo lo que tiene que ver con inversiones pero estoy conociendo la plataforma y la pregunta cómo o en dónde me ubico para hacer mi primera publicación como administrador ya que en este momento no cuento con propiedad,te agradezco la información, gracias 

Sammy-L-0
Level 10
Whitesburg, KY

My name is Sam, and I am from Whitesburg, KY, USA, a town of about 2,200 in the Appalachian Mountains. I am a newspaper reporter, author, and freelance writer as well as an AirBnB host. I found our house in a foreclosure sale in late 2019, when it had been empty for about a year and a half. I had always admired the house and I knew it was old, but I had no idea about its history until I started looking into it. Built in 1903 by the town's only whiskey distillery and saloon keeper, it has been a hotel, private residence, boarding house and apartment building, and was the home of several local officials up until the end of World War II. My brother and I bought it for a BnB in January 2020, just in time for Covid. It's been a struggle and we're nowhere close to being finished with renovations, but we do have one apartment open as an Airbnb. It's gone well for the past year, but we haven't had a single guest since mid-December. Hopefully that will change as the weather improves and the community recovers from a flood that occurred last July (our BnB was not damaged).

Sam
The Historic Mountain View
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----