Welcome

Welcome

Hi Air BnB community!

Can anyone send me an example welcome email that you would send to a guest after they booked but before their scheduled arrival?  Alternatively, I'd be interested to hear what types of information should be provided to the guest in the welcome email.  I expect to send the address but any other tips to make them as prepared as possible would be great!

Thanks,

Jillian

5 Replies 5
Jonathan6
Level 10
Mamaroneck, NY

When someone books I send a short e-mail:

<i>"Thank you for your reservation, you will receive instructions, directions and the key safe combination 2 days prior to your arrival.  Should you have any questions or concerns, please let me know."</i>

2 Days prior to the rental I send a .pdf file with all the information regarding the unit, this includes all the instructions they need to get to the place and in.  I include some suggested activities, restuarants, house rules and instructions for emergencies and departures (this is also in the unit).  

I feel this is important, not only are you providing information (i.e. customer service) but you are protecting yourself.  I did have an instance once where the unit was left a total mess and garbage was not removed as requested, thermostats not turned down, windows left open, etc., the renter admitted to not reading the instructions to AirBnB and they supported an extra cleaning fee for the guest.

I seem to get 5.0 stars for communication so this must be adequate.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful! 

Judy1
Level 5
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Chris-and-Jillian0,

I send two messages. The first one is a thank you message and the second one which is a more detailed message is sent a week before their arrival. The reason why I send the message with their check-in information a week before their arrival is because guests tend to forget or ask the same questions that were already answered in the initial message. This way it stays fresh in their minds as they plan to make their way over! 

Welcome Message:

Hi Bob!

Thank you for choosing to stay in my condo! I look forward to hosting you and your family in March! I will be in touch a week before your arrival with check-in details. In the meantime please feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions! 

Warm wishes,

Judy 

Check-in Message:

Hi Bob!

Here is the information you will need for your arrival on March 18th. 🙂

Check-in is at 4pm. If you will be arriving later than 4pm, please let me know so I can be there to meet you and help you get settled in.

How to Access the Condo:
The FOB and key will be what you need to go in and out of the building. The FOB will also let you up the elevator to the 37th floor. You simply have to tap the FOB on the black sensor and press 37 to activate the elevator. Everything will be labelled for you in the condo. I will also leave a Guest Information Package that contains emergency numbers, taxi numbers, the wi-fi password and room-to-room descriptions.

Getting to the condo:
The address is listed on your reservation details, but here it is just in case is it not there:
XX XXXXXXXXXXXX # XXXX
Toronto, Ontario XXX XXX

Here are the options that you have for public parking:
1. 249 Queens Quay West- This is an underground parking lot located directly below the Radisson hotel. This is about an 8 minute walk away from the condo. I would recommend asking them for an overnight rate.
2. 539 Queens Quay West- An outdoor parking lot.
3. 318 Queens Quay West- Located across the street from the Radisson Hotel, this outdoor lot is about a 5 minute walk from the condo.
I highly recommend getting into the city a bit early to beat the rush hour traffic. I recommend parking first as traffic in and around the condo can be quite busy on days where major events are taking place in the downtown core.

Here are the options that you have to get from Pearson International Airport to the condo:
1. UP Express Train ($12 CDN per person) This train which leaves every 15 minutes from the airport to Union Station (downtown core) will take between 20-25 minutes. It includes wi-fi and smooth, hassle-free travel. This is my personal favourite as the condo is only a 10-minute walk from union station or you can talk a taxi which will be about $5.00 from Union.
2. Uber ($35-50) It's great! Hassle-free and you don't have to worry about walking.
3. Taxi (ASK FOR A FLATRATE- ($50-60) Not my favourite, but gets the job done.

If you have any questions prior to your arrival, please feel free to contact me anytime. I hope this helps! I look forward to meeting you!

Warm Wishes,
Judy

As you can see, I try and cover all of their travel questions BEFORE they ask! LOL Reminding guests of the check-in time and asking them when they are expected to arrive helps with time management. That way you're not waiting around for hours on end or scrambling because they decided to show up way too early. 🙂 

Cheers,

Judy 

Thank you, Judy! The examples really help bring the response to life! 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello and Welcome to Air BNB hosting @Chris-and-Jillian0.  Your listing looks quite inviting, in spite of the "winter" pictures.  I am sure you will be able to replace with summer pictures, but I can see your renovation is nicely done.  Here is a link to a Help Center article about welcoming guests:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/564/how-can-i-help-make-my-guests-feel-welcome

In addition to the recommendations in the article, I think welcome email should be tailored to the  individual guest.  You may have a series of messages that you use to establish a good relationship with the guest.  I usually confirm the number of guests; ask for the names of all the guests and depending how far in advance the booking is, ask for an ETA.  You do not need to provide your address as the system will do so on your behalf.  As you get closer to the check in, it is nice to offer your willingness to make recommendations for whatever interests them - dining, actiivities.  I wish you great success in your new business...and marriage!!