Why is no one looking at my listing?

Kate29
Level 1
Compton, United Kingdom

Why is no one looking at my listing?

Since I listed our room, I have had 2 peculiar enquiries (!!) and according to the stats, no one is even looking at it....so I can't think it is a price issue...or is it?

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/9101221?s=HwAXgMNG

All help gratefully received!

Kate

2 Replies 2
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

The home and the room are absolutely beautiful, Kate. 🙂 And the price seems reasonable, especially as use of the kitchen is included. 

Mind you, the price converts to ca. €84 per night ($91 US/$126 CDN). Maybe compare your accommodation - and fee - with rooms being offered in countries like the Netherlands, Germany, France, etc.

It's also advised to begin by charging a lower price, and then once a few good reviews have come in, upping the price. Potential guests like to see reviews. 

One thing I note is that there are no House Rules listed, or descriptions in the section regarding the space itself. 

Perhaps you could try to 'sell' the place a little more at the grass roots level rather than simply by way of the photographs. 

I feel that what you have at the moment is a gorgeous, clearly much-loved home that you're proudly showing us. The next step is to actually invite us in. 🙂

So many ways that you can do this. Maybe mention cultural events that take place in the area, or types of activities guests might be interested in (e.g. walking, photography, painting, and so on).  Maybe something about the area itself - what makes it interesting? England itself is such a fascinating country, with its incredible history - much of which is still being unearthed at this very moment. And where is the bedroom located? Upstairs? Is the bathroom shared, or for the exclusive use of guests? Use the photos as well to add information. Is the price per night for two people, or is there an additional charge after the first guest? Would you offer a weekly discount? Many hosts do. You mention having pets. Perhaps include a photo of one or some of them as well. Animal lovers like to look at other people's pets. Determine the kinds of people you'd most like to host (e.g. young travellers? Active seniors? Newlyweds?), and then create a description tailored to appeal to them.

Check out other listings in your area, and see how the accommodation is described and presented. When I first joined AirBnB I learned SO much simply by studying other's listings (and the threads here). And I'm still fine-tuning my own listing, even after 3 months. Nearly every day I adjust something - even if it's just a word here and there.

The above are simply off-the-cuff random ideas. I'm sure others - far more experienced than I am - will jump on board with a treasure trove of suggestions. 

Especially once spring sets in, I'm sure guests will come your way. 😉

Kostas0
Level 2
Attica, Greece

Hi Kate, i am not an expert, i am also new to airbnb but i am full of bookings because i am downtown centre. I believe it has to do with your location meaning your are 3 miles from downtown? If a tourist comes there how will he explore the city? Is there access to the town easy? Are there buses or train?I  I think its first priority for a tourist to know how he can move  back and forth to the city...

Thanks for reading and good luck:)