property damage and bringing in friends to stay overnight

property damage and bringing in friends to stay overnight

I have a guest staying since yesterday and his fiancee booked the room for her and her this person. but the girl is arriving few days later. no clear date given. her fiancee arrived and today came with few of the friends ( no permission taken to bring them) and broke a double bed 

he says the bed was already damaged, I had a guest staying few days prior to this with his family and there was problem with the bed, I prepared the bed two days prior to his arrival, there was no issue and how do I go about with resolving the issue? the booking is for 15 days

5 Replies 5
Tanya39
Level 2
New York, NY

well from my experience ibe had gyests first bringing others then i read air bnb rules thta they do not insire anything if is not a person in the resravtion, so i now ou on my add onlu guest in resrvations are allowe in premosses other wise (well if you write a rule accordint t air bnb if one of your rules are brokem you have the right to end their stay with pay!!) also i learned to ask guests for the passports pictures for my safety cause air bnb lately has not been protcting the host speacially woman. i had to insatll drop cam in my apt, two guest one night come in drunk and high open my bedrrom door agt 447 am and say hello! i start screamong so you can hear me on the camera, the you can see me outside theroom on the camera( o cameras in rooms bathroom obviuly) well i sent that video to air bnb which even my bldg securty came up on his own an dcalled the police due to screamong, and guess what? a representative nemaed carlee ses the vide and her reply was :" well as i see  here right after you screamed they left so i dont see any further issues) im traumatized now , this was a month ago, now three days ago these two men rent a room then my mom tyold me signs that they were trying to scam ( you the tyoe that puts a bug in their food etc, welll these stayed two nites splshed the toile w **bleep** pissed outside of the toilet , use the room completey then called air bnb sayinfg that i kicked them out, an air bnb reoresentatibe calls me ( but i had dozed off cause thes two men also were in n iut every ten minutes from 1 till 5 am, so no slept here, so as i wake up maybe from a 30 nt nap that was more like a pasout, i check my email to find out this representative said if i dont hear from you in 15MNTS , YES 15 MNTS (ISNT THTA UNHErd off the time frame? so he fully reimbursed even the nites they made full use of my apt in which i strugle so much to make it and my mom ha scancer so i supoort her, and this men due to his sexual preference (men , the representative cornell was is gay caus e i was in shock and cring so my mom spoke to him, and she tol dme dont speak to him anymore no mater what you say prove he is mixing bisuness w pleasure, well the past three months i reaizd air bnb has nt been taking care of women hosts soeacially their safey, thwy are def gonna end up bankrut if this ontinues and meanwhile my money iscounted! and the fact i was scammed tricked into hosting two men the not getting payed is absurd! so be carefull w air bnb they might be goingbakrup maynethat why they are doing this ? idk , but i adive you to go on ebay and bid on a drp cam its easy to install and trust me itcan save,ives and much oher things. you can get one for 50 to 90 bucks just bid! and best      buy right niw has drop cam pro which not mjch difference refurbished for 129.0 it was 149.00 i think its a sale not for long! 🙂

Wow what the experience, it's awful, I just put my place with these company Airbnb hope I don't experience that kind of **bleep** because I can't handle it , and may get very physical, I'm very sorry for your experience 

@Shahnam0 I have been very lucky so far. Only nice guests. But we must know that any day this can change so be prepared for it. My advice is to have good house rules and trust your gut feelings. And turn Instant booking off and communicate thoroughly before your guest arrives. You are going to meet a lot of great people. All the best. Michele

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Susan352  You have a couple of problems.  One, you have a residing guest that is not the booking guest.  Apparently you agreed to this arrangement prior to arrival.  However,  when you message through the Air BNB system, you are not reaching the residing guest.  That being said, verbally communicate with the residing guest, then summarize your conversation in the Air BNB system to the booking guest.   You will need that as proof of what is going on should you want Air BNB to intervene.  When a guest is not following your rules, you can ask Air BNB to cancel the booking and relocate the guest.  That way you will not incur host cancellation penalties.  Do you want to continue the booking or not?

If keep the guest, then you will need to address the damage you believe was caused by the guest, so you need your communication reflect that discussion as well.  Should you claim damage through the resolution center you will need to prove the damage occurred while the guest was in residence and that the damage is not normal wear and tear.  Good luck

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

To all other comments and suggestions made here, I think that new hosts are too lenient with guest, believing the fuzzy-cloud image of living like a local PR, making it all sound so simple. 

Hosting is a serious business, you have to have iron-clad rules and control built in if you don't want to be a doormat or worse.

Especially do some reading of the links posted in this other thread with another topic:

Thread with essential newbie links