0 reservations

0 reservations

Hi everyone and nice to know you. 

I'm a new user here in Airbnb and I would like some advices in order to increase bookings, till now I didn't receive any reservations and I'm worried, is it normal or am I making a mistake? 

7 Replies 7

@Kenza31    You listed your lodge incorrectly, and it's very lucky for you that nobody has booked it.

If someone tried to book your listing as-is, their booking would include all 15 beds in the property. If you want to rent these out as separate rooms, you have to create a different listing for each private room and indicate which facilities of the building are shared with other people.  

If you want a more streamlined way to list several similar rooms in one property, you'll probably find Airbnb to be the wrong platform - Booking.com and other hotel bookers have a simpler format for this. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kenza31 you are lucky that you have no bookings as you have set the listing up wrong. I can book the whole place for £12 per night which I suspect is not what you want.

You need a separate listing for each room (or each bed) if you are a hostel.

Just go on Airbnb as a traveller and look to book your listing and you will see the problem. 

@Mike-And-Jane0  Twinsies!

Thank you both of you for the advice, I'm still a beginner here so I wasn't aware of the mistake I made, how can I separate listing for each room? 

@Kenza31  You don't separate them, you make a new listing for each room, which indicates how many guests can book that one room. 

If every room looks exactly the same, you can just use the same photos for each listing- if the rooms look different you only show that  one room on the listing, plus any common spaces shared with you or other guests.

Name or number the rooms so your bookings don't get confused.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kenza31  I'd also strongly suggest that you replace the logo you are using as your cover photo with one of your other photos. The one of the hallway would be very nice- it gives the feeling of leading the guests into your space in a welcoming way and makes me curious to see what I would find at the end of that hallway. 

Your cover photo is what captures guests' attention, and leads them to click on your listing to view it. The logo isn't anything that will attract views.

When you redo your listings as 7 separate ones, one for each bedroom, take two or three photos of each bedroom, from different angles, so guests can see everything in that room, the window placement, etc.

And retake the bathroom photo with the toilet lid down. Open toilet lid photos just don't look nice.

Thank you very much for the advices I really appreciate it, I'm going to apply the changes and make more photos, and make new listings