7 Days to be paid???

7 Days to be paid???

Hello, with price increases for utilities. Does anyone else have struggle getting paid out by airbnb taking longer then 24 hours? 

Utilities company's are now charging late fees and turning off the utilities while guests are staying in the property. 

How do we fix this? It should not take longer then 24 hours.

24 Replies 24
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Chad435 There is no way in the world I would depend on ABNB or anyone else outside of a payroll or government check to ensure consistent funds are deposited to my account. With ABNB or anyone/anything else, running a business—-and this is one, albeit small—means having the required funds on hand to pay mortgage, utilities, any emergencies, other related bills, etc. If a utility gets turned off due to nonpayment and not through a blackout or something, you best bet your guest will not only ask for a refund but give you a 1* too. This is absolutely the last thing you want to happen. 

I have never gotten a payment from ABNB earlier than 48 hrs; and if over a weekend, it was 72 hours. 

First and foremost, have funds available to pay expenses. Why? Murphy’s Law. If it can go wrong, it will. 

Yes, however the question is. Who at AirBNB do we talk to about this to change it? 

I get my payments within 24 hours @Chad435 . Always had. Except for weekends when banks don't run transactions. In 7 years of hosting it's been a delay (8-16 more hours at most) only two times.

I have the bank transfer option checked. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Chad435 

So what are you saying, they cut the electric off while you had guest?

Never rely on airbnb to pay you on time, anything can go wrong,

I am due a payout from when they said they released the money it will be 7 days this has happened a few times recently, 

I am saying who do we talk to at airbnb to change this. Just as we are responsible to pay them a percentage. They need to be responsible to distribute funds. 

@Chad435 if you read the answers you will find Airbnb has addressed this - You may not like what it will cost though.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Chad435 ,

Did you have a chance to connect with the Airbnb Support team through the contact page regarding your issue? If you need more information on connecting with Airbnb, you can also look at this resource Guide: How to contact Airbnb. I hope this helps. 

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Chad435  You should not be relying on any banking transaction occurring within 24 hours -- Airbnb may message you that the funds have been disbursed, but the banking transaction may take longer than that based on which banks are involved, the day that the disbursement occurs (weekend, holiday, etc.) and whether or not your bank releases the funds for your use immediately upon arrival into your account.

If you are having difficulty paying your bills and having services turned off, you need to work harder at having a certain amount saved and available for paying those bills in the event that you do not have bookings.  

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Gosh @Lorna170 , that's a bit harsh when one doesn't know what a persons background and circumstances are.

People may have had accidents and injuries, lost jobs, marriage breakups, a loved one die, loss of home and all manner of things arise that can impact on one's ability to have "savings''. and be trying their best to get ahead again.

We all have to start somewhere in life and whilst there are people's life choices that can impact on savings, I'm a stickler for suggesting people look at what they eat and how they go about daily lives and how one can make feasible changes to ensure money is set aside for a rainy day.

Been there done that and doing it again because I've not been paid by Airbnb as a person who has been through some serious challenges in life that were unsolicited.

Some things in life are private about one's circumstances and should stay that way.

We don't have the right to judge others on their financial situations or the fact they may not have enough for a Rainy Day.

@Helen427  The OP has listed 2 whole house properties that sleep 8 with swimming pools for rent at IMO rock bottom per night/per person prices. If he were to raise his nightly rate to a figure that would cover the averaged utilities, he would not run the risk of those utilities being turned off while guests are in residence.  I do not think it harsh to advise this dual property owner to take steps towards having enough in the bank to pay his bills. 

He is not a sharing host trying to augment his income by renting a room in his home.