Guest unable to unlock door

Guest unable to unlock door

I have only been hosting for 9 month and have had a problem with  a guest getting in to the house recently.  I have a combination lock on the front door and the door knob lock is not to be used. My cleaning company had a new cleaner and when they left they locked the door so the guests could not open the door. I had to drive over and I live 20 miles away to let them in.  Has anyone had this or a similar problem and what can be done to prevent it. I have a garage entrance but the guest do not have an opener for it.  

3 Replies 3
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

You could either tape the door knob lock or replace it with a door knob with no lock. 

Oh sir......if you have a business earning money from AirB&B, you are the number one person interested to make everything 100 percent efficient , you should let the cleaning company know that they should call you to inform you everything concerned to your property....if you are living 21 miles away from the source of your "income" you have to make sure that every thing is ok 21 miles away from yourself.....

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@N-Steven3 

I changed out the door knob to one that doesn't have a lock. HD and Loews carries them. Entrance door knob with no lock. 

If not guest will lock it while inside, say before the go to bed, as extra lock, then exit the house forgetting to unlock it. It's a safety feature with all of them, where you don't have to unlock to exit, but then door is locked when closed, so guest would be locked out. 

Here is one. I use a stainless steel one. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Schlage-Bowery-Knob-with-Addison-Trim-Hall-and-Closet-Lock-in-Matte-Black/5...

• IDEAL USE: Passage function is perfect for use on interior hall and closet doors where locking is not needed or paired with a deadbolt on exterior doors; door handle is non-locking for ease of entry