How do I send a phone number to a guest?

How do I send a phone number to a guest?

I have tried to send the phone number of our agent who will meet our guests, however everytime I send the email with the phone number, Airbnb blocks it and says (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). 

Any ideas how to get this number to my guests as its important they have it! 

Thanks

31 Replies 31
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Elise18

That used to only be before a reservation was made. Now it's not even possible to send it while the reservation is confirmed and active. 

You 'd have to send them an email to their hidden email visible on their profile after booking.

Unfortunate, since it takes the communication off the Airbnb message thread. Wish the techies would think stuff like this through in real life...

Nari0
Level 2
Seoul, South Korea

Try the email! Copy the email address airbnb provides when your guest confirms the booking. Hope it helps!

is your reservation booked? because if you show the  number in house manual, once your guests book they should see it.

Chris596
Level 3
Rose Bay, Australia

I agree, this blanket number censoring rule is a real pain in the butt 😤 It's probably been implemented to make it more difficult to arrange offbook side dealings but it gets in the way of everything! I can't even properly describe the intructions for catching nearest public transport options because the system kicks back the bus numbers and many key location details that are relevant and important --- this rule is too much of a pain in the arse and I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we all want you guys at Airbnb to drop this stupid rule... I've experimented with a few different plain-text tricks to convey numbers inspite of this nonsense - Try this too

or call me for more tricks and insights [Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Chris596,

Welcome to the Community Center. I can understand that it is annoying to have personal information hidden when you are trying to communicate with your guests. I am sorry to have had to remove your phone number here too, but I wanted to say this is because your post here is publicly visible and so for your own safety reason we do have to remove this. 

I hope this is understandable.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

haha no worries, understandable 😉 yes, I was mostly mucking around to illicit a reaction 😉

Joya3
Level 2
Washington, DC

I am trying to send the phone number I will be using while traveling to my guests, but can’t do so. What a pain! Airbnb should make this allowable after the reservation is booked. 

George307
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

What's also a pain is in my listing, I've tried to list the numbers of buses that guests can take to my apartment and Airbnb blocks them, saying (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)! This is despite the bus numbers being spearted by commas. It looks a bit daft writing out "the one hundred and eighteen and the one hundred and sixty-eight bus" so I've just had to say "there are a number of buses that go to my place, please check google maps/citymapper". A minor incconvenience but certainly an annoying glitch.

Joel424
Level 2
Cumming, GA

Much more than a minor inconvenience. I am offsite and need for guests to be able to reach me promptly in an emergency, and also to receive instructions to book attractions during their stay.  This may cause me to go back to just using HomeAway who make it easy after booking is accepted to communicate.

just send the number in individual messages. I just did this today and it worked. 

1stMessage= 702

2nd Message=123

3rd message=4567

Let the receiver know you sent your number in three different messages.

Thanks.  Good idea. 

I know other ways I can "Trick" the system, too.  Should I have to?? AirBnB: you guys need to rethink this dumbness.

MaYa197
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

just send the number in individual messages. I just did this today and it worked. 

1stMessage= 702

2nd Message=123

3rd message=4567

Let the receiver know you sent your number in three different messages.

This way you can speak before confirming booking 

Breaking the rules can get you banned. And this ruins it for everyone.