Short term rental rules Barcelona

Eoin32
Level 1
Galway, Ireland

Short term rental rules Barcelona

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows the rules and regulations for short term rentals in Barcelona.

My two main queries are as follows.

1) Is it possible to get a tourist licence in Barcelona in 2022 for a property which previously did not have one?

2) Is there a limit to how many days you can rent a property for short term in each year in Barcelona in 2022? Can you short term rent every day of the year? Or maybe 90 0r 180 days?

Thank you,

Eoin

5 Replies 5
Ralf5
Level 10
Inzell, Germany

@Eoin32 ,

I can imagine that there are some restrictions for short term rentals in Barcelona, but I am not aware of any details. If you don't get any response here, I would try to repost your question in the spanish speaking community center, just click on the little world ball beside your profile and select Spanish.

Moritz122
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Hey Elon, did you get an answer to that? I’m interested too!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Information on STR restrictions in Barcelona are on the city's website @Moritz122 

Hi Helen 

I was wondering if you know something about the rental property rules. 

As far as I know you cannot rent out your property by days if you do not have a Tourist license. 

And in Barcelona you have to stay a minumum of 32 nights to be considered in the short term rental space. 

Can I also charge a deposit if my rental is 32 nights and have a contract signed? 

Hi Eoin,

I am very curious about this. As far as I know you cannot rent out your property by days if you do not have a Tourist license. 

And in Barcelona you have to stay a minumum of 32 nights to be considered in the short term rental space. 

A question can I also charge a deposit if my rental is 32 nights? 

Or is there something u know?