Why is my pricing not right - Is Airbnb stealing our money??

Why is my pricing not right - Is Airbnb stealing our money??

I listed space for $262 per night. The guest service fee is $37, making the total $299. But my total estimated payout is $254. IN WHAT WORLD IS THIS MATH CORRECT. Please who can explain this to me because I just have to be apologizing to guests and canceling to revise prices.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Solomon42 

You offer 20% (promotional) discount to first three bookings.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Solomon42 

Is the $37 the guest service charge or is it the host service charge?  You can see the breakdowns on the reservation under both "what guest pays" and "what host gets paid"

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Solomon42 The maths is correct. If you list for 100 per night the guest pays 100+(14.2%+VAT). so about 117 in the UK. The host receives 100-(3%+VAT) so about 96 in the UK. The additions and subtractions are the Airbnb service fees. They are clearly advertised as such by Airbnb to both the guest and the host.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Solomon42 Do you think the AirBnB platform is free to use? I'm confused as to why you're confused. You use the AirBnB platform, and they take a cut. Pretty simple. I can't believe you are canceling reservations because you don't understand how this works. I'd say you're not off to a good start. Those cancellations will haunt you.