delay in payout with no feedback from Airbnb

Nadia901
Level 3
Lviv, Ukraine

delay in payout with no feedback from Airbnb

Dear colleagues, I am a host from Ukraine and work with Airbnb for 8 years, never had any serious problems. However, they have recently stopped transferring payouts to me, one of them being due for 10 days now. Nothing has changed in my layout and I know that some other Ukrainian hosts are getting paid. I have written to the customer service several times, but they ignore the request, saying that I have already applied regarding this issue. I call them daily, but all they say is that my issue "is being studied". I have quite a number of upcoming reservations and I really cannot afford working for free now. I hate to bother the guests, of course, as they have paid their money and should receive services. Did you have such a problem and what would you recommend to do? Thank you very much in advance for your support!

173 Replies 173

@Юрий0 I can only help by bringing publicity to your situation. Keep posting your issues on this thread and encourage any other Ukrainian hosts that are being let down to do the same. It appears that Publicity is the biggest driver in getting this sorted.

@Mike-And-Jane0 Thanks for your support. According to previous messages, I saw that you are helping Ukrainian hosts. Thank you again for this. If you can somehow publicize my situation, I will be very grateful. I am ready to provide the necessary documents, photos and videos, any information to confirm that all my apartments were added to Airbnb before March 2022 and me and my team were honest!

@Юрий0 I am totally guessing but if you were registered in the Russian controlled areas of Ukraine before the latest invasion or have a bank account that is sanctioned by the West then I fear payment might be difficult for Airbnb. Do any of these apply to you?

@Mike-And-Jane0 Thank you for answering. It's a little inspiring!

In 2014, I moved from Donetsk to Dnipro due to the occupation of Donetsk by Russian troops and authorities.
After 2014, I have never been to Donetsk and to any point that is territorially somehow connected with Russia or the territories occupied by Russia.
In 2014, I organized a business in Dnipro from scratch (the city of Dnipro is Ukraine)
In 2020, I bought real estate in Irpin and Gostomel (Both of them are in the Kyiv region).
In 2020, he additionally organized a business in Irpin (the city of Irpin is Ukraine)
All my bank accounts are in Ukrainian banks.

@Юрий0 When you set up with Airbnb did you use a Donetsk address or ID with a Donetsk address? This could be the issue but hopefully Airbnb will realise you have moved!

@Mike-And-Jane0 I moved to Dnipro in autumn 2014. And I registered on airbnb in December 2014 and in Dnipro I built the whole business from scratch. On the airbnb website, I indicated only Dnipro and Irpin.

I just thought that when I registered on the airbnb in December 2014, I had to provide my passport and it is obvious that in 2014 it was indicated there that I was registered in Donetsk.

@Mike-And-Jane0 Could it be? Maybe re-verify somehow on the BNB? But none of the BNB supporters asked me about it during these three months of my calls, letters and complaints!!!

@Mike-And-Jane0

I am registered in Ukraine as an entrepreneur. I continue to work now and pay all taxes in Ukraine.

Знімок екрана (28).png

Back in 2017, I was lucky one to meet Airbnb and become one of the hosts in Kyiv. It was a happy time for all of us. Gradually, Airbnb replaced other platforms and became a top priority for me. The support service resolved any issues instantly. 

On February 24, at 5 am, the first rocket exploded near my house in Kyiv. I will not describe what happened next. None of us were ready for war. We were confused and scared. And it was at this moment that Airbnb extended a helping hand to us. It was so unexpected, such colossal support, at such a terrible time when it seemed no one cared about us.

Thanks to this, we were able to help those who found themselves in a critical situation. You helped not only the owners, you helped all Ukrainians, and I will always remember this.

But what happened next? At the moment we have a completely opposite picture. Ukrainian hosts stopped receiving payments for guests' accommodation. Since the end of May, a small lump of lies has turned into a huge ball, which is gaining momentum every day. What happened to you people? It is Ukraine! We desperately need money! Not replies that include routine phrases like this: We are sorry that you are in this situation, but we cannot give you more information... I do not want sympathy, I do not want to hear everyday lies, I'm tired of begging you to pay my own money. 

Why do you need a support service if it doesn't work? Can you tell me what's going on? It seems to me that if you had initially explained to us what the reason was, would have given detailed information, then there would not have been that flurry of calls and appeals. When I hear that someone is tired of Ukrainian hosts and their calls, the Ukrainian war, when they make me understand that I am no longer interested as a partner, I want to ask, seriously? You're tired? From what? At the moment, you just have not yet realized that you are immensely happy!

At the moment, the support service is a team of absolute inattentive and indifferent non-professionals. From June 3, they stopped contacting me. New disputes are easily closed and sent to the one who stopped answering me on June 3rd. Now in that correspondence, if you can call it that, there is only my diary, in which I sometimes write, but do not receive an answer.

They lie to my guests that I receive all payments and my information is not true. The next day, when I asked for help in a new dispute about what to do with a new guest if I did not receive payments for old bookings, I was waiting for advice and asked for at least some guarantees for payments - I received a tough answer that on my behalf the guest's booking gets cancelled, and a bunch of information that I'm violating the code of conduct, I get a fine for this, a corresponding note in my account, and a warning that if this happens again, then Airbnb will take appropriate action against me. Are you seriously? How is it possible for a site with such a name and such a reputation to solve problems in this way? When I asked for an explanation, I was sent by reference, and the dispute was closed again. I had to contact support again, to which I received a response that there would be an INVESTIGATION! Well, investigate, of course, because that's what you're there for. Some time later, they wrote to me that the previous manager made a mistake by pressing the wrong button and resolved the issue. Can this be called a professional approach?

I will of course accept all guests who managed to book my accommodation before I closed all calendars. At the moment, the site's debt is almost $1,000, not counting those guests who are still coming. This is a huge amount for my family (my mother is disabled and my daughter is 14 years old). Ukraine will stand and we will receive millions of guests in our new beautiful cities, but never again, you hear-NEVER I will go through these humiliations that your managers forced me to go through this month.

This is my last post. I won't write or call again. I'm tired of Airbnb's endless lies. I wish you to return your old team of professionals and start providing real support to everyone who needs it.Screenshot_2022-06-16-17-34-27-839_com.viber.voip.jpg

@Наталья157 , this is indeed very humiliating to listen to all these lies and false standard phrases every day. The problem as I see it now is that in the huge corporation like Airbnb everything works automatically and the human resources are limited. So when your case requires a specific attention it's hard to get it. And yes, the customer service staff has no info and mostly lacks motivation. Please, let's be patient, the solution is coming, I'm sure:))

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Наталья157 Please don't make this your last post. If the information is true (and without seeing your account we cannot verify this) then keep updating this forum regularly. I do believe that @Catherine-Powell is trying to solve the issues for Ukrainian hosts and some are now being paid.

i hope

I don't know why my account looks different than others, but if necessary, I can give my e-mail to confirm the above.

Natalia, if you click on your own profile here in the conversation, your Airbnb profile here looks empty, this is probably the different one from the one you actually use to host. Have a look at the screenshot, pleaseScreenshot_20220619-120545_Chrome.jpg

I understood why the account was not displayed right away, the first time I went through the Google search engine, and now through Airbnb