2021 tax airbnb report

2021 tax airbnb report

Started in July of 2021, and I have the transaction history, payout, etc.  But I'm not sure what I turn in to my accountant.  

Do I just use the reports I have printed off, or do I receive an actual copy of anything from Airbnb

4 Replies 4
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Flo2658   You will probably not receive anything from AirBnB.  I have always provided my accountant with the reports from the OTAs that I use (air, Verbo, etc.) and those reports have been sufficient for tax purposes.  

Next year (2022 tax year) we should be receiving 1099s for our tax reporting, but I am not holding my breath.  I will go on as usual, reporting to my accountant what my guests paid to book via the OTA, the taxes that were collected from the guest, fees charged and the actual monies that went into my bank.

Lorna, thank you for your response.  That’s what I did, printed off the transaction page and took to my accountant.  But ! In looking at everything with him today, I realized that Airbnb is deducting my cleaning fee from the net amount that I am paid.  I charge a $75 per stay cleaning fee, and I clean myself, so I should be able to receive that fee and report it as an expense.  Can’t believe I just realized this.  Any suggestions??

Thanks, Flo Davis

@Flo2658   Are you sure that AirBnB is deducting the fee?  The report is a bit wonky because it does not show the actual nightly fee in the Amount column.  I charge a cleaning fee, and here is a picture of my payout advice, and the same reservation in the report.  As you can see, the cleaning fee is included in my receipts:

Lorna170_0-1646187901189.png

TypeConfi CodeStart DateNightsGuestListingDetailsReferenceCurrencyAmountPaid OutHost FeeCleaning Fee 
Payout     Transfer to Bank Account  USD  480.15   
Reservation  2Lacey  Cabin USD  480.15 14.85125 

Lorna, thank you, I finally spoke with someone who clarified this for me.