503 error for EARNINGS SUMMARY

Cristina69
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

503 error for EARNINGS SUMMARY

2019 and now 2020 cant get my earnings summary.

In the transaction history page there is a VIEW EARNINGS SUMMARY  tab that hasnt work since 2019. Airbnb is no help. Is almost as they know but have instructions to give you the run around. This report is the best for Taxes.

DO YOU KNOW THE 1099K GIVES YOU THE GROSS EARNINGS? ALL THE AIRBNBS FEES AND ADJUSTMENTS CAN TRANSLATE INTO THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS THAT DID NOT GO IN YOUR POCKET. 1099K WILL HAVE YOU PAYING MORE TAXES WITHOUT THE EARNINGS SUMMARY TO COMPARE WHAT YOU ACTUALLY MADE AFTER FEES AND ADJUSTMENTS.

18 Replies 18
Cristina69
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

JAN 26, 2020.

Weve been investigating the cause of the issue, and we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Istvan

This is still occurring - what is the timeline for this to be fixed?

This is still an issue today.  Been dinking with this for about 2 hours now.  Need the form badly.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Cristina69 @Brady-And-John0 

This has happened to me for the last two years. 

You need to message Airbnb customer service and ask them to send you a screenshot of your 2020 earnings summary. If the first rep does not understand, close out the conversation (thank them first of course) and ask the question again. 

IT DOESNT SHOW ON THEIR END EITHER

@Cristina69 Yes, it should. Ask the question again to a different rep.

@Emilia42 

Took your suggestion and it worked perfectly.  Wish I would have come across this thread three hours earlier.  The first rep either was unable or unwilling to screen shot.  Hence I took you advice and opened up another ticket and had a lovely lady take care of me in less than 10 minutes.  Thank you very much for your input here.  Very helpful.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Cristina69 @Emilia42 @Brady-And-John0 I had this problem for a few days but it started working yesterday. (I did contact CS, and after the initial non-response the agent went on break and incommunicado for three days, of course, and by the time they resurfaced the page was working. I offered to come up with another problem so they could have another break.)

I DOUBT ITS THE EARNINGS REPORT WHAT YOU WERE ABLE TO SEE.

@Cristina69 I'm not sure why you doubt it, but it certainly is. I'm also not sure why you are shouting.

lol.  Its not shouting.  Its emphasizing every jot and tittle.  

Lisa, you rock.  Took your suggestion and got a new support member who did for me in 5 minutes what the previous support member wouldn't or couldn't.  Thanks for the help.

Oops, it was Emilia42 suggestion above.  I sure you still Rock the Lisa.  ;0)

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Cristina69     In response to your comment about the 1099 report, it does not show ONLY the money that was sent to you.  The 1099 shows ALL of the money that Air collected on your property. That will include your base nightly rate, your cleaning and any other fees that the guest was charged, the taxes that were collected (whether sent to you or not) and the fees charged for the credit card processing and Air services.  

Knowing this, you should be keeping records of what you received and what Air charged or did not disburse to you.  Talk to a tax professional about how to show the difference between the 1099 and your actual income received on your tax forms.  

PS  The earnings reports on Air are IMO, useless.  I keep my own detailed records in a simple excel spreadsheet.