AIRBNB hasn’t paid us in 2 months

LeQube0
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

AIRBNB hasn’t paid us in 2 months

Hello community. Airbnb hasn’t paid us for two months ! They owe us over $70,000 and they keep on going in circles. We are a Licensed Professional operator with multiple listings, we have staff, 100pct legally compliant, we pay taxes and are a corporation with one owner only who has already provided identification multiple times. 

yet Everytime we contact Airbnb they keep on ignoring our requests saying « the specialized department » will be in contact with us shortly. 

this is not an issue with us because we have other Airbnb accounts under the same company with the same ownership and legal structure and this is not an issue. 

does anyone know who we can contact at Airbnb higher up that can help us resolve this issue? They owe us 2 months worth of payouts on two of our properties (over $70,000) and Airbnb doesn’t want to take any responsibility.

should we sue Airbnb ? Does anyone have any issues? Has anyone sued Airbnb over payouts not paid out? 

we need to pay our employees and suppliers and we have over $1m in upcoming reservations that Airbnb expects us to serve yet they don’t pay us what they owe us. 

community, any advice? 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@LeQube0 you could take Airbnb to the small claims court for a subset of your unpaid rentals. This or an approach to the media might get them to take notice of you.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

You can not sue them- it is against your contract. However, you can take them to arbitration. Please read their rules, all the steps are spelled out. Unless they have changed, your first step would be to send them an arbitration notice which in itself may prompt them to resolve the issue. Good luck, your situation sounds horrible. Is this a new account or did they suddenly stop paying on an existing account/

@Inna22 I haven't read the US terms and conditions recently but they used to allow people the choice of small claims court or arbitration. The only thing forbidden was class action lawsuits although even that restriction would be challengeable in Europe.  Has that changed?  

@Mike-And-Jane0 I have not looked at it in many years but when I did, it was arbitration only

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @LeQube0, welcome to the Community Center. 

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with you not having been paid out. I'll pass this on to the team for you ASAP.

Hopefully, they'll be able to resolve this for you.

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen