Account suspended without any proof/explaination - very unfair

Answered!
Khizar1
Level 2
Waterloo, Canada

Account suspended without any proof/explaination - very unfair

I have been hosting since more than a year, and providing excellent service to my customers. My customer rating is 4.8 and I have excellent reviews from the past 34 guests.

Unfortunately, I had some issues with a reservation. One of the guests was smoking inside the property. I live here with my wife and my son (a minor). I brought up the issue of smoking to the AirBNB. After talking to the AirBNB agent and main guest (who did booking), I though it is better to not take case to the AirBNB resolution center and give guests another chance. Even, AirBNB agent acknowledged my kindness for giving another chance to the guests. But, AirBNB suspended my account the next day. I do not understand why? It is very unfair that AirBNB did not provide any explaination and suspended my account. I think hosts are in a very weak position on the AirBNB forum. Just wondering what steps should I take?  

1 Best Answer

Hi @Bhumika@Jenny and others,

Just to share that the issue has been resolved, and my account has been reinstated after about 10 days. Thanks for your support and guidance. I hope no one else will go through this.

Thanks,

Khizar 

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Khizar1 

Sorry to hear about this.

Did you contact Airbnb Support to find out why the listing was suspended?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for reaching out. I am in contact with the safety team. A couple of days after highlighting the smoking issue and  claiming the fine, I was accused for something by the guests; therefore, the safety team suspended my account. I will add details later. I am not sure if it is appropriate now.

Thanks for checking though,

Khizar

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Khizar1 , for the updates! Please keep us posted in case there are further developments. We hope this gets resolved for you soon!

-----

Hi Bhumika and any other host,

Thanks for your response. I have a couple of questions and will appreciate your help. The guests are still staying at my place (in the basement) and we are not feeling safe since I have been accused for something already. I have asked AirBNB to cancel their reservation, but AirBNB is keep saying that our specialized team is working on it. As per my understanding, urgent cases are solved within 48-72 hours. However, I do not understand why AirBNB is taking too long to cancel the reservation? Can you please tell me under which section (code), I can cancel the reservation myself? It has become a nightmare for me and my family, and a serious safety concern. I will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Khizar       

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Khizar1, I was able to find this link where it outlined in which circumstances a Host can cancel a stay from their side and has some more information about cancellation fees: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/990.

I hope you are able to go through it and have some answers to your ask!

-----

Hi @Bhumika@Jenny and others,

Just to share that the issue has been resolved, and my account has been reinstated after about 10 days. Thanks for your support and guidance. I hope no one else will go through this.

Thanks,

Khizar 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Khizar1,

We are delighted to hear this news 😊.

Looking forward to seeing you around here in the Community.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I’m currently have the same issue! Day 6 now with NO explanation because I called “Safety Support”  to get their advice on what needs to happen with 15+ very young people having a hard alcohol (bottles found by cleaning crew) party. I got suspended for an “investigation” by the way, guest never complained. Asked about 5-6 times what am I being investigated for? No answer! This needs to change!!!  I’m furious. I have 71  5.0 reviews!!!!!  Only thing support said was my Nest doorbell camera that is listed twice didn’t have the words “motion detected” on it. Still suspended even tho I added the words. I WANT guest to know I have a camera!!! This is so wrong!!!!! 

Hi Leah,

I am sorry to hear that. If you have disclosed your audio/video recording devices in your listing, you should be completly fine as long as you have declare them and they do not affect the guests's privacy. I don't understand what you are being investigated for. I hope your case get resolved soon. 

Khizar I am facing the exacrt situation right now. The pot smoking guests were caught red handed ( and they have explicitly accepted $1000 fine)  and asked to leave then they left some kind of safety/uncomfortable accusation and now my account is suspended. 

Send photos of what you found to the "safety team"....keep on to  the help centre until someone gets in touch with you directly. Leave your review for the guest!  A different lot will help you to remove any retaliatory review! Good luck!...I have only just sorted out being suspended and having a retaliatory review removed.