Air BnB not releasing my money

Jo404
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Air BnB not releasing my money

I've had two booking with Air Bnb for my flat in India and both guests have paid Air BnB and now I'm told I need an Indian bank account to release my funds to, which I don't have.  When I set up the hosting I added my PayPal account as Payout method as this was the option and only now after several weeks am I told I can't have my money.  Does anyone have any experience of this and what I can do to get my money?  I am based in the UK.  Is this legal?

Many thanks

Jo 

6 Replies 6
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jo404 ,

Were you able to successfully verify your payout method? Or happen to connect with Airbnb Support regarding this?

I have also made sure to get in touch with related teams if they can provide any updates on what the issue could be. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jo404
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Yes my payout method was verified, that is why I am confused as to why my listing went live and money was taken if this was not a valid payout route.

I have spoken to Air bnb support but they are not releasing my money.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Jo404  I am not sure if it's legal for you to host in India but be based in the UK.

Did you look at this guidance on hosting in India before setting up your listing

https://www.airbnb.co.in/help/article/1380 

Jo404
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Why do you say that? I legally own the property. 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Jo404  New hosts generally are not paid until thirty days after their first guest . I imagine this is the issue as you are a new host. I expect that a co host is looking after your booking , it is wise to let your guests have the co hosts details or to add them to your profile , so that guests have an on ground person to contact for all matters ,which obviously you cannot arrange in case of immediacy , from the UK... H

Contact phone numbers on a note in the guest book or on the refrigerator if you do not have someone greet your guests.. H