Airbnb Reps Refund Authorizations

Airbnb Reps Refund Authorizations

I don't know who came up with this idea of authorizing undertrained customer service representatives thousand miles away to issue refunds left and right. But this is getting worse and worse. I already have about 50% of my bookings coming directly from our website. But this will make me take all our 40 properties in Southern California out of the platform completely. We had a guest who stayed for 2 month and then got a refund of $11 000. I wasn't even notified, just found out that someone just canceled the reservation after 2 month and issued a refund. And now just got a message that another guest will get a refund of $2000 dollars because she was not able to use the garage (which we do not have a garage advertised in the listing". 

Am I the only one dealing with this?

1 Reply 1
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@AZ-Housing0 I have not heard of frivolous refunds without investigation. Yes, they make stupid decisions but you can usually state your case. In your second situation you should fight the decision since it was clearly wrong. For your first case, there is not enough information to give you advice. You need to find out a reason for the refund. Did they cancel the guest's stay or just gave them a refund? Is it a full refund?