Airbnb cannot back up its Host Relief Act

Brooke229
Level 3
Rapid City, SD

Airbnb cannot back up its Host Relief Act

When all of this started about a month ago, Brian Chesky (CEO of Airbnb) was feeling the heat. In an effort to get gig worker hosts and ongoing media coverage off his back he quickly released a statement indicating that the Host Relief Act would provide 250M in relief grants to hosts that qualified. 

I think it was something up to $5000 each. Has anyone seen a dime?

I am here to tell you now, I am an eligible host. Not a single cancellation. 100% occupancy rate. Super host and in a popular location as well.

I've made a lot of money off Airbnb and I've made them a lot of money as well.

Called the first time to apply for application for grant, after asking the Airbnb representative a series of reasonable questions (when can we expect it? how much will each person get, etc), not only did she have no idea what I was talking about but she also got beligerant and hung up on me.

Ok.

Called back. 2nd rep had to do some lengthy research but did in fact find the grant information. Sadly, she nor I realized IT WAS COMING OUT OF THE EMPLOYEES POCKETS ACCORDING TO THE GRANT STATEMENT! 

She kept her composure, ensured that I am in fact eligible and would be receiving an application in days to come.

It's been two more weeks and nothing.

My dudes. This is a joke. We have been duped. Homeaway is already calling me and trying to sway my business over to them because they know that Airbnb has not protected us as hosts, this needs to be dealt with. 

Some of us have lost THOUSANDS in a matter of weeks with absolutely no liability to Airbnb itself it is disgraceful and I'd like to hear what some of the rest of you have to say about it because I'm disgusted.

92 Replies 92
Brooke229
Level 3
Rapid City, SD

I GOT A WHOPPING $5.82 BACK TODAY! WOW

@Brooke229  Now don't go wild with that and blow it all right away-make sure you set some aside for the future 🙂

Jordan504
Level 2
Woodford, VT

I’m Thinking the same thing, I’ve been a superhost for 4 years now and have had all my reservations canceled the past couple months and all upcoming. I check every box  needed for relief and I’ve called customer service multiple times with a different response every time. Of all the other superhost I’ve talked to they have the same story. Keep watching your email for something that doesn’t exist.