Airbnb doesn’t want to pay.

Airbnb doesn’t want to pay.

My partner and I just got communication from you that says you were not able to charge our airbnb client and that we have to charge him ourselves personally.
How dare you?
How is it MY problem YOU didn’t charge?!
The customer did not pay you, not me, the ones who have to pay me are you, not the customer. Get this straight.
It is not Us who had the customer’s credit card information on file. It was your responsibility to make sure you could charge his card, not ours.

4 Replies 4

@Carlos3098   You have posted to a forum of peers. This is not how to reach Airbnb customer service.Hit the back button and scroll down to the thread "How to contact Airbnb" if you need an actual representative to help you.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom
Sally10
Level 8
Mill Valley, CA

Wondering if we should just tell our guests to pay directly since we are not getting paid That might get airbnbs attention !!!!!

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Apparently the Airbnb payment system is seriously flawed and there's a loophole that I can imagine more and more hosts will have issue with. I have experienced with the problem several times. Some of them are that guests book same day or next day and then it shows awaiting payment after we accept the request. More serious problem is that some guests want to extend their stays and then Airbnb fails to collect the payment for the extended night(s). I have seen this situation a couple times while Airbnb sends me an email saying they cannot collect payment from guest and says Airbnb IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for that. WHY? I suppose Airbnb is responsible to make sure that confirmed reservations are paid properly?