Airbnb holding refund

Cindi55
Level 1
Danville, KY

Airbnb holding refund

I accepted a three month reservation in mid February to mid March. Because Airbnb only pays long term reservations every month I was only paid for two months. The guest then requested to be released from the final month of her stay due to Covid. In writing with Airbnb support I agree to release the guest from the final payment “as long as no refund was due”. 
So they released her for the final month. 
I just had a new guest stay and now Airbnb tells me they gave the three month guest a refund of approx $500 and are holding money from this reservation to pay for the unauthorized refund. 
I have filled a case and waited and called and called. How do you get a case resolved. 

4 Replies 4
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Cindi55 
I am so sorry to hear this. 
recently with covid-19 etc getting hold of effective customer service assistance has been difficult. 
I would send them another message and also try to get hold of them via Twitter (apparently quite helpful there).

Good luck to you. 
Yadira 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Cindi55 ,

I've just checked in with the CS team internally and they've let me know that due to the alteration that there is more adjustment time needed - they are happy to talk to you about this case when you are able to make contact.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Cindi55
Level 1
Danville, KY

I have tried for days to talk to someone. I have been on hold for three hours this morning. It is reasonable to expect it to take longer. But NO ONE can tell me how long. 1 day? 1 week? 1 month? If someone in claims would call me vs this never ending day of calls and holds. I am angry. 

Cindi55
Level 1
Danville, KY

How do I contact claims?