Airbnb need to fix a naira method of payments for Nigerian Guests

Kaydee2
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

Airbnb need to fix a naira method of payments for Nigerian Guests

I don't know if i'm alone, this keeps happening and it doesn't seem like Airbnb understand what is going on with host in Nigeria, we need them to make payment easier for guests, we are losing money in this business and they are losing too by not allowing ease of payment for people in Nigeria.

As at the time of creating this topic, i have a prospective guest struggling to make a reservation of just $20 - our banks in Nigeria have restricted most cards t just $20/month payment which is going to make us lose money.

We need Airbnb to do something about this, there are lots of payment processor in Nigeria that can be implemented to enable Host in Nigeria make decent money.

Please let us talk about this issue, how do we reach the appropriate authorities to help us fix this issue?

Something needs to be done.

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Kaydee2 , I'm sorry to hear about this. That does sound like quite a struggle, and thank you for sharing your feedback about it here on the CC.

I'll make sure to pass it on, but it would be great if you could share it directly as well on the Feedback Form

Thanks! 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thanks for acknowledging my complaint @Sybe - i have sent a message via the feedback form.

It's indeed a lot of struggle for guests, most even have to contact me and i have to explain how they'd be able to go about it.

I can't continue to do this, and it's not all guest that have the time to share complaint with host, they'd rather goto an hotel instead.

I hope this is looked into and considered.

This is what is happening to me at the moment. I'm finding it difficult to pay for an apartment, like I literally have to struggle with payment everytime I want to make reservations. I thought about checking if I can pay with naira which brought me here,to think you sent this complaint since February and still nothing has been done yet is disturbing. I give up on Airbnb Nigeria!

Any update on this please?