Airbnb quietly holding payments to hosts

Renata273
Level 2
Quatro Barras, Brazil

Airbnb quietly holding payments to hosts

I trusted that Airbnb is depositing all my payments, and if there was an issue with any payments, I would receive an alert. 

But I was wrong. I am using Airbnb since 2017, with the same payout account. I recently found that Airbnb is holding one year of my payments, with no real explanation on why they can't transfer to my account the money that was paid to them  for my listings.

Anyone with the same problem? 

Isn't obvious to find if you have deposits on hold. You need to go to menu, them to transactions to find them. No alerts send to email.

The customer support suggested changing my payment method (which was working since 2017). The new payment method was verified, Airbnb sent an email saying the payout should have arrived on April 2, 2024 ( more than a year after the payments were made by guests), but nothing arrived. 

The customer support can't explain why Airbnb is holding my money for such a long time, without any excuse 

Currently I don't know if I will receive the money my guests paid to me, and Airbnb isn't giving any attention to solve this one year debt they have with me. 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Renata273 I guess the positive in all this is that if you didn't notice you hadn't been paid for a year you cannot be desperate for the money.

Perhaps investigate a small claims court action against Airbnb

I wish you are right. I was sick and in treatment, reason I didn't see it.  Thanks for the heads up, I think I will do it. I am also talking with reporters to make this more visible to people  using the platform.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Renata273 👋

Have you had an update on your payments yet or have Airbnb Support reached out to you? 

Looking forward to hearing from you 😊 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines