Are there any requirements to becoming a Co-Host?

Answered!

Are there any requirements to becoming a Co-Host?

Hello,

I have been reading up on co-hosting. I have no experience, but I am interested in being a co-host. Are there any requirements to becoming a co-host? Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

[Title updated by OCM]

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Raykeia0 you will need to persuade a local host (or someone with a property suited to hosting) to take a chance on you. 

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes hosts looking for cohosts need cohosts who have extensive experience as a host so they are familiar with listing platforms, know how to manage cleaning services, set up listings and a good understanding of how to manage guests @Raykeia0 

If you want to become a cohost you firstly need experience as a host. 

Thank you and might be a crazy question but how does one gain that experience? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I've already answered this in my earlier post 🙂 you gain experience by becoming a host in your home or with a property you own. @Raykeia0 

My apologies. Thank you! 

My apologies, but I don't agree with that at all.  people don't need to be hosts first. I've been a cohost for over a year for 23 properties. I have no prior hosting experience, but I have continually helped the host/property owners achieve 5 star ratings.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Dave1388 

why don't you share with others here how you were able to onboard so many new listings without having hosting experience . I'm sure those looking to get into cohosting would find it useful.

I stand by my point that most hosts prefer cohost with extensive experience as a host 

by the way quite a few properties you are managing are below five star ratings being marked down for issues such as cleanliness and accuracy. 

if your properties were all five star you'd be a superhost .

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Raykeia0 you will need to persuade a local host (or someone with a property suited to hosting) to take a chance on you. 

Thank you!! 

I really think it's different for each case. Some become hosts first, others are trained to perform this function. It all depends on the agreement you have with the person who decides to make you a co-host.

Here's a tip: complete your Airbnb profile with a good profile photo and relevant personal information, as well as your interest in STR. What makes you want to be a co-host, why a host should choose you, etc.