Asking about payment

Asking about payment

hello Airbnb team,

please advise me how you guarantee that we will receive the payment for my guest Selina, check in date 01 July 2021 because the guest will be staying in my property only for one night.

thank you and looking forward to hearing your kind response.

regards,

rika

de vins sky hotel 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Rika919  Airbnb collects payment on booking. However guests always have the option to cancel and get a refund in line with whatever cancellation policy you have set up for your listing.

Or the guest can cancel penalty free if their cancellation reason is covered by Airbnb's extenuating circumstances policy.

Have you had a look at the Airbnb Help website. if not do use this as a resource as it covers the basics of managing your Airbnb listing.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rika919 Airbnb's Ts&Cs specifically say that they are not responsible if they fail to collect the money from the guest. For guests booking last minute with a fraudulent card this increases the likelihood that a host will have a guest stay and not get paid. This is probably the biggest downside of the Airbnb platform for hosts.

That said, for a 2021 stay its highly likely that the money will be available or you will find out well before the stay. Of course as Helen says if your cancellation policy allows them to cancel for free then that is always possible.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rika919  This a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service.

You appear to have a new listing. If you don't understand how Airbnb payments work, I suggest you spend some time reading through all the information for hosts on the Help section of the Airbnb main site.